Sign in to follow this  

Nick Margerrison on Hallam FM

Originally posted by HallamFmFAN

You lot are talking a load of crap!!!! Nick At Night is brilliant. It's not Nick thats a stupid arrogent nob thats up his own rear it's you lot. If you lot had any brains and you actually LISTEN to what he's saying you'll find that he is making alot of sense. The night show has never been better since Nick took over it. He's brill Hallam Fm's brill. So stop complaining about it.

Love, HallamFmFan xxxxx

P.S Nick if you're reading this keep up the good work

:thumbsup: and ignore these tits cos they don't know what they're on about

LONG LIVE THE NICKLARSE!!!!!!!!!! :D

I don't care whether or not what he says makes sense, it was the fact that he didn't seem willing to let callers make their own opinions heard - he kept cutting calls short or shouting them down.

Well Hallam FM hasn't been the same at night since Phone Boy left to do the The Interactive Evening Show. At least with Phone Boy you could actually say a sentence without getting interuppted unlike Nick. I find Galaxy better at night now rather than Hallam FM. "The number one radio station":rolleyes:

Originally posted by t020

I don't care whether or not what he says makes sense, it was the fact that he didn't seem willing to let callers make their own opinions heard

Maybe that's because their opinions were clearly nonsence?

Hello everyone.

It's nice to see so many people enjoy the show. ;)

I too enjoyed Diana Luke when she was on Hallam FM, but I haven't listened to her recently. Real Radio is a bit boring as far as my tastes go.

I notice most of the people who hate the show don't actually listen.

I never said YOU shouldn't wear a poppy. I said I was having second thoughts. To me they represent violence and the way that normal working people have been shafted in the past by a hypocritical repressive society. Wear a poppy if you want man, I decided to at the end of the show.

I try to give eveyone a go on air and off air. That's why I print both the hate mail and fan mail on the website. That's why we let any old moron on the show, regardless of whether they want to shout at me or agree with me or do something inbetween.

There's a lot of non-thinking posts here from people that have assumed I'm something I'm not.

I AM NOT DELIBERATELY CONTROVERSIAL.

I RARELY CUT PEOPLE OFF.

This is a new thing in the world of talk radio. Older readers will remember the short lived "shock-jocks" who would court controversey for no reason. I don't do that.

The ethic of the show is always the same: Take responsibility for yourself.

Simple as that really.

Big love.

NM

I stopped listening when they felt they had to add 'FM' to their name to be trendy.

Whatever happened to James Watt? He was funny.

Originally posted by Nicholarse

It's nice to see so many people enjoy the show. ;)

There's a slow and steady fanbase growing in the Halls of Residence in Shef Uni. Not too many people have heard it, but they are around. They're out there. I've heard people chatting about it occasionally in the canteen at mornings, plus if I mention to someone that I was on/trying to get on Hallam FM a day or two ago and ask them if they listen to it, they may say yes, and chances are they'll comment on your show.

...I RARELY CUT PEOPLE OFF...
Agreed. I haven't heard anyone being cut off by you yet. To be honest, I've only heard around twenty or so shows so far, but let's be honest - that's more than most people in the world.

I don't know if social etiquette allows me to still call you a tit, but I meant it in a nice way. I did :). (Sort of.) To be honest, I was reading down this thread and thought that HallamFmFAN may have been you at first...

PS - Moonolt, course you can call me a tit.

I (like everyone else) fit that description sometimes.

NM

Dont listen to your show, but I am intrigued as to why you were having second thoughts about wearing a poppy. The money raised goes directly to those "poor working class" folk you mentioned (plus the rest of the social strata that were incapacitated by the war), so why not?

Just curious.

They're a bit too militaristic for me. I'd already donated twice to the people who sell them, I just wasn't too keen on wearing one.

But as I said I decided to buy one in the end which I then wrote "love not war on" so no one misunderstood why I was wearing it.

In fact that was a really good show, with some great callers...

Talking of which here's the things I want to talk about on tonight's show:

Relationships...

More specifically cheating. If my girlfriend cheated on me I'd rather NEVER FIND OUT. So if she does, don't tell me... There's no such thing as an honest relationship, particularly when it's long distance. Cheating isn't a problem as long as the other person never finds out.

Brain scans...

A brain scan that can apparently root out racists has been developed by scientists. The technique was used on white volunteers shown photographs of black individuals. In those with racist tendencies, a surge of activity was seen in part of the brain that controls thoughts and behaviour.

Should we use this technology, perhaps when recruiting members of the Police? I think not. It's open for debate.

George Bush...

We're fast becoming the 51st state. The Tories think the death penalty should be re-introduced. An American President visits us, at our expense and calls our PM "Tony" all the time. I don't like him. DO you think we should finally cut our ties with the Yanks? I do.

--

That's roughly it.

I might change the last topic as it's been done to death a bit last week.

NM

Originally posted by alchresearch

I stopped listening when they felt they had to add 'FM' to their name to be trendy.

Whatever happened to James Watt? He was funny.

Yep, I enjoyed James Watt too. He was very popular and had many regular callers I seem to remember.