How to get wax off clothes

can anyone tell me the best way to get candle wax off clothes, walls ,suede and material sofa. are`nt kids great you put things out their way like scented candles high up on a shelf but no they have to have acloser look and pull the <REMOVED> shelf off the wall:rant: bless

Edited by esme
masked swearing

can anyone tell me the best way to get candle wax off clothes, walls ,suede and material sofa. are`nt kids great you put things out their way like scented candles high up on a shelf but no they have to have acloser look and pull the <REMOVED> shelf off the wall:rant: bless

I seem to recall that, for smaller items, there is some trick involving sticking the items in the Freezer, or is that for chewing gum ??

The other is ironing on top of newspaper.

Sorry, still a bit dazed from my electric shock.

Edited by esme
masked swearing

I agree with the brown paper and iron route it does work i used it on my carpet .

You can also try kitchen roll and run a non steam iron over it - it worked on my carpet but be careful not to have it too hot for any manmade fibres. Keep going over the same bit but moving the kitchen roll as it soaks up the melting wax

Try to pick off any big lumps first. You will need time and patience but it does work.

Good luck!

Edited by Daven