Odd car registration

Saw a silver Skoda Yeti (I think it was) this morning, with a reg YT60 X**, getting off at J34 M'hall.

It struck me as quite odd, since I understand car regs are 0 or 5 then the year (06, 56, 07, 57, etc.) so is this the new style for 2010 cars registered in the 'second half' of the year (10, 60, 11, 61, etc.) :confused:

I followed a mini into the supermarket car park a couple of days ago. Registration 3C. The number plate must be worth 5 times the car that is wearing it.

So it is, thx posters for the clarifications :)

I've asked quite a few people if they have seen a 60 plate car yet. Almost nobody has realised that the logical progression means new cars will now have a 60 registration. 08,58,09,59,10,60,11,61...

The new scheme for car registrations started in 2001 so if they stuck to using 5 for the September releases they would have clashed as from next year. That is why it is 6.

The 11 plates will have lots of potential for rude words...

There was a lorry in Deepcar filling station this morning with a YT60 reg number . its the first one ive seen .

I remember when some people used to pick their new cars up at one minute past midnight on the changeover day...does that still happen~?

I remember when some people used to pick their new cars up at one minute past midnight on the changeover day...does that still happen~?

It certainly happened a lot when there was only the one registration change per year.

My sister and I used to have a competition, every year, on changeover morning, who would be the first to spot a vehicle with the new plates.

It's not quite as "prestigious" I think, and such a "biggie", now that there's the two changeovers a year.

Mod Note

Posts have been removed on grounds of language and questioning moderation, if you have a query, comment or complaint about moderation then this should be directed to the Helpdesk