Alan Dale DJ - do you remember him ?

is Alan Dale/ Warrington/Waddington the same person who in the 60's was lead singer with the Square Circles?

is Alan Dale/ Warrington/Waddington the same person who in the 60's was lead singer with the Square Circles?
i wonder why this guy would want these different names ??? up to now we've got three ha ha , anymore ?

There was an article in tonight's star about Alan Dale the DJ, whom I remember quite well from the mid 70's when I used to stand in for him at the Ball Inn on Mansfield Road (Wednesday evenings) if he was on holiday.

It set me thinking, if he is a contributer to this forum. Or does anyone remember him.

Yes i remember Alan, played in same group, Square Circles, he was lead singer, his surname was Warrington and he did live on Slate Street, his sister married Bronco Layne, not seen Alan for years, though i do believe he lives at Totley. Would like to meet up with him, so if you see this Daley, get in touch.

Yes i remember Alan, played in same group, Square Circles, he was lead singer, his surname was Warrington and he did live on Slate Street, his sister married Bronco Layne, not seen Alan for years, though i do believe he lives at Totley. Would like to meet up with him, so if you see this Daley, get in touch.
Alan does live at Totley,and his sister (ex Miss Gt Britain) was married to Bronco Lane they last ran a pub in Rotherham.One night many years ago, Joe Cocker played there on a trip home from USA.He treated everyone in the pub to free drinks but at the end of the night forgot he had no money on him to pay(typical) so he went to the van and fetched an acoustic guitar and scratched his autograph on it, and gave it Alans sister as payment.I met Alan a couple of years back and swopped him a better guitar as the older guitar(Spanish style from the late 50s) needed refurbishing.

I have now had the guitar restored and it plays like new.Phil Crookes ,Joes first lead guitarist has played it and really liked it.I intend to auction it for charity but am open to offers from a good home!

It's probably not the same one but I knew a DJ called Alan Dale who used to do a gig at the silver blades in the 70s, skinny guy with black hair.?

Re - Alan Dale (Warrington)

Met up with Alan Dale, Mond 9th May, also Phil Clare, ex lead guitarist with Square Circles, first time we've seen each other for 40 + years, got in touch through this forum, better than Friends Re-united.

Alan Warrington(Dale) is my cousin. We had some great times at the Olive Grove Disco, also the Fleur De Leys at Totley.

It would be great to hear from anyone who remembers me or my mates.

I worked with allen at portobello fabrications he was a sheetmetal worker he was also a friend of my brotherinlaw david lindley

If anybody runs into Allan around town, please let him know his old friends from Heeley Bank School are organising a reunion for our 11 year old class of over 50 years ago.

We have contact with about 25 of the class so far. The details are on Friends Reunited or he could pm me. Thank folks

If anyone remembers Alan Dale, former singer with the Square Circles, then he became one of Sheffield's most popular DJ's. sadly he passed away this weekend after a battle with cancer, will be sadly missed, god bless ALAN.

Such fantastic memories hey Bill? Square Circles. Barry, Gerry, Phil, the other Phil, Sid, Alan when the "swap" took place & Barry went to Germany & Alan joined the Square Circles. I will always remember him singing DUKE OF EARL. I reckon he sang it sooo well. Very sorry to hear of his death.

Such fantastic memories hey Bill? Square Circles. Barry, Gerry, Phil, the other Phil, Sid, Alan when the "swap" took place & Barry went to Germany & Alan joined the Square Circles. I will always remember him singing DUKE OF EARL. I reckon he sang it sooo well. Very sorry to hear of his death.

Between 'Dean Marshall and the Deputies' and 'Bitter Suite' were they called 'Square Circles', 'The Lizards' and perhaps 'The Four Blades' ?. Barry Marshall once told me that 'the Lizards' based their act on 'Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders', even down to the (Lizard green] leather outfits that they got from where a lot of the Manchester area groups shopped, (including 'The Hollies') from 'The Toggery' in Stockport.