Alan Dale DJ - do you remember him ?

ALAN'S FUNERAL WILL BE ON FRIDAY 4TH MARCH AT HUTCLIFFE WOOD CREMATORIUM 12.00pm, if anyone can make it, please come along, let's make it a full house for his last gig

ALAN'S FUNERAL WILL BE ON FRIDAY 4TH MARCH AT HUTCLIFFE WOOD CREMATORIUM 12.00pm, if anyone can make it, please come along, let's make it a full house for his last gig
Alan was my cousin, I used to follow him, the Olive Grove, Fleur De Lys. I remember he sang at his sisters wedding. I went to one of his first discos at the Myrtle Inn, when he sang with the band he did like Wayne Fontana. I will be there on Friday, god:gag:bless you Alan, thanks for all the memories.

Before dj ing he sang with a group called the pentagons.

I have a guitar I bought from Alan which he said Joe Cocker once paid a bar bill with in Rotherham at his sisters pub.Joe was home from America and treat everyone in the pub to free drinks,only to find at the end of the night he had no money on him to pay the bill, so he settled with the guitar which hung on the wall of the pub for many years!

Alan was my cousin, I used to follow him, the Olive Grove, Fleur De Lys. I remember he sang at his sisters wedding. I went to one of his first discos at the Myrtle Inn, when he sang with the band he did like Wayne Fontana. I will be there on Friday, god:gag:bless you Alan, thanks for all the memories.
I went to Alans funeral today, I thought the vicar could have given a better speech. We were played in to the Duke of Earl, cheers Alan, best wishes to his family, sadly missed,

Hi Billam

So pleased to hear that they played Duke Of Earl at Alan's funeral. In my mind that will always be his song, as I said previously I think he sang it so well. Had I been in the UK I would certainly have attended his funeral & I was sad to hear of his death. I like many other Sheffielders knew Alan from the 60's when he was a singer & DJ. I think the first time I ever saw him sing, was at the Locarno & that was probably the first time I heard him sing Duke of Earl. Fond memories.

I went to Alans funeral today, I thought the vicar could have given a better speech. We were played in to the Duke of Earl, cheers Alan, best wishes to his family, sadly missed,

Hi Billiam, sorry I missed you at Alan's funeral, didn't get to know you were there till after you had gone, didn't get to talk to Joyce till later, asked Pat if you were there, but she didn't know if you were or not we left about 4.30.

If you want any old photo's od Alan when he was with Square Circles from Top Star Special send me your email and I will send them to you.

Cheers

I am sorry, I didn't, go back to the Robin Hood. I went for a quiet drink with my brothers. It would be nice to see the photos but I don,t have an e mail at the moment. So many memories especially the Olive Grove, I am glad so many turned up.