Ideas for making Chapeltown a bit better??

My suggestion. Bomb the Spar and the ferrel "yoof" that locate themselves outside it.

You might also want to consider doig the same to the seats outside Yorkshire Bank, and the concrete area outside Tesco opposite to Escape.

I think the 3 areas are linked together on some sort of Lay Line which acts as a magnet for Baseball caps, hoodies, silly winter woolly hats with gangly bits even in summer, tracksuit bottoms hanging halfway down their backside to reveal a pair of "Calvin Classic" or "Calvin Klune" boxers purchased from Chap market on a Friday. Not forgetting it is compulsory to wear said tracksuit bottoms without a t shirt in summer to display the top quality tattoo's obtained from that minging looking tattoo shop on Station Road. The one where mothers sit in the waiting room having a fag whilst caring for the their youngest.

You might also want to consider flattening Chap Market and starting again. It might even attract a few stall holders.

Jim

My suggestion. Bomb the Spar and the ferrel "yoof" that locate themselves outside it.

You might also want to consider doig the same to the seats outside Yorkshire Bank, and the concrete area outside Tesco opposite to Escape.

I think the 3 areas are linked together on some sort of Lay Line which acts as a magnet for Baseball caps, hoodies, silly winter woolly hats with gangly bits even in summer, tracksuit bottoms hanging halfway down their backside to reveal a pair of "Calvin Classic" or "Calvin Klune" boxers purchased from Chap market on a Friday. Not forgetting it is compulsory to wear said tracksuit bottoms without a t shirt in summer to display the top quality tattoo's obtained from that minging looking tattoo shop on Station Road. The one where mothers sit in the waiting room having a fag whilst caring for the their youngest.

Nice one!

As soon as there is the slightest sign of sunshine, there shirts are off to reveal the fashionable Belsen torso with arms out from the sides as if holding carpet rolls.

To add a finishing touch to the look, apply a lovely can of cheap lager . Gok Wan would be beside hiself!

I cannot see any justification for not having a law that makes it compulsory for decent people to have to kick this s***e to death.

Simply really.

Shoot the drunken stupid yooths, enforce the parking restriction (might stop grid lock) and introduce fines properly for litter droppers or better still make them pick it up on a Sunday morning.

I cannot see any justification for not having a law that makes it compulsory for decent people to have to kick this s***e to death.

Bit harsh tbh, but I know what you mean. The problem with particular little gang of ferrel scrotes, is that they are associated with the so called "S35" gang. What this means is that none of them are particually that well endowed and that they are allowed to strut around "their manor" because they have 25 mates stood behind them or within 2 minutes text of each other.

Common knowledge down Chap that they'd run a mile if a similar sized gang came along or for that a good old fashioned lynching mob appeared.

Try taking them on on your own and you are battling odds of 25/1. It's not just down Chap, that's a nationwide issue.

Bring back national service, corporal and capital punishment.:rant::hihi:

Jim

You might also want to consider flattening Chap Market and starting again. It might even attract a few stall holders.

Jim

I dont get what those silly hats are all about

Explain please someone?

I dont get what those silly hats are all about

Explain please someone?

They're worn to keep in the small amount of cerebral matter they possess.

Edited by ooonarden

Chaps ok, though I agree that the yoofs need to be moved from outside Spar, but PC Booth is only one man... We live on the main road and hardly get any trouble, but I'm comparing this to London Road and Sharrow Lane where I lived before and they were awful...

Seriously though, if you are involved in cleaning the pond/stream up towards the Thorncliffe Industrial Estate (after you go through the woods opposite Asda) let me know and I'll get my wellies.

PC Booth.....local legend.

He deserves a medal, together with a robo-cop style make over!

Jim

Which bits of Chap most need tidying up or brightening up? A small group of volunteers are meeting regularly for Chapeltown in Bloom - tidying up, raising money for future planting, doing litter picks etc. We are next meeting sat 24th 10am, tues 27th 6pm and wed 28th 6pm, meet on the rough land opposite the library - getting ready for an In bloom judging visit thurs 29th. Plus we meet regularly to tidy up and clear areas etc. Even if someone just has a spare hour, it all helps. Contact us at [email protected]. Maybe you can join us for an hour to help. Or suggest an area you think needs sorting out. Thanks!

what about making the beer cheaper in royal oak, coach, prince of wales and especially the escape - that would be nice !

what about making the beer cheaper in royal oak, coach, prince of wales and especially the escape - that would be nice !

Have to agree with this comment Chapeltown is probably the most expensive local area in Sheffield to drink.

But the area his over populated for the road network and the spar area needs some real police attention.

Oh and a few more takeaways and hair dressers as there are clearly not enough :D