Ideas for making Chapeltown a bit better??

Which bits of Chap most need tidying up or brightening up? A small group of volunteers are meeting regularly for Chapeltown in Bloom - tidying up, raising money for future planting, doing litter picks etc. We are next meeting sat 24th 10am, tues 27th 6pm and wed 28th 6pm, meet on the rough land opposite the library - getting ready for an In bloom judging visit thurs 29th. Plus we meet regularly to tidy up and clear areas etc. Even if someone just has a spare hour, it all helps. Contact us at [email protected]. Maybe you can join us for an hour to help. Or suggest an area you think needs sorting out. Thanks!

I think a good way to improve chapeltown would be to remove the inbred people that live there.

I think a good way to improve chapeltown would be to remove the inbred people that live there.

your thinking of stocksbridge you knob!

my bad lol

Umm.. as you go up Burncross Road, past th baths, there's an area on the left there, where there's some of those anti-motorcycle staggered barriers, to get onto the newish housing estate, and it's always heaving with rubbish and stuff.

Is that the sort of stuff you're doing?

I don't think Chapeltown has any *major* problems beyond stuff like litter and the occasional groups of bored kids.

Will email you though - if we can join in, we will :-)

x

1. Bring back Chapeltown flats :) They will brighten up the area. :hihi:

2. Bring back Scandals :hihi:

3. Remove all the old people who don't contribute :hihi:

4. Let me local dealer back where he belongs, in the park.

are you sure about that :suspect:

do you know what the housing waiting list is like for chapletown? the housing will tell you there is a waiting list for propertys in chapletown as long as my arm, i lived in chapletown for 8 years when i wanted to council exchange for personal reasons.. i was bambarded with calls and emails from people all over sheffield wanting to exchange with me, 2 of my family members and a close family friend all wanted to buy the house from me when i moved out!

and when i did move out the property was snapped up within 2 weeks

so.... chapletown cant be that bad can it, i can think of so many worst places in sheffield. at least i can walk around chap on a saturday night on my own with a wad of cash and still feel safe, cant say that for many places can ya.

Edited by drascalmel
editing

Which bits of Chap most need tidying up or brightening up? A small group of volunteers are meeting regularly for Chapeltown in Bloom - tidying up, raising money for future planting, doing litter picks etc. We are next meeting sat 24th 10am, tues 27th 6pm and wed 28th 6pm, meet on the rough land opposite the library - getting ready for an In bloom judging visit thurs 29th. Plus we meet regularly to tidy up and clear areas etc. Even if someone just has a spare hour, it all helps. Contact us at [email protected]. Maybe you can join us for an hour to help. Or suggest an area you think needs sorting out. Thanks![/quote

DEMEX.

do you know what the housing waiting list is like for chapletown? the housing will tell you there is a waiting list for propertys in chapletown as long as my arm, i lived in chapletown for 8 years when i wanted to council exchange for personal reasons.. i was bambarded with calls and emails from people all over sheffield wanting to exchange with me, 2 of my family members and a close family friend all wanted to buy the house from me when i moved out!

and when i did move out the property was snapped up within 2 weeks

so.... chapletown cant be that bad can it, i can think of so many worst places in sheffield. at least i can walk around chap on a saturday night on my own with a wad of cash and still feel safe, cant say that for many places can ya.

Any chance you can let me know next time you're in Chap with a wad of cash?:)

Main issue with Chapeltown now is the fact that it's vastly over populated.

Too small a place for so many people.

It also has to be said that it also suffers the usual vermin problem, and I aint talking rodents.

But as Drascalmel says, there's far worse places. Hastings in Sussex for instance. Now that place is a mess!

Take off and nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure