The Fairy Jobmother

I'm a Jobcentre employee, the woman is a bloody disgrace. She's made a fortune out of the misery of the unemployed whilst forging a company that's privatised the Jobcentre. Helping people back into work should be a public sector and social issue, not one that helps make profit for idiots like her.

Yup. just watched it and won't bother any more. If that is the best this self-styled 'guru of the unemployed' can do, it's a joke. (Mother to receive counselling, idiot son to get boxing lessons and equally idiot - 'You're bright, clever and beautiful' :gag: - daughter supposedly getting a job at Curry's.)

Now I spent some money in Curry's last Saturday (Hi, Helder!) and there is no way that retard would ever get a job there. She should have stuck with the bingo calling.

This programme is the pits. The dim leading the dumb. Think Jeremy Kyle. You must be really proud, Taylor.

Edited by grafikhaus74

Yup. just watched it and won't bother any more. If that is the best this self-styled 'guru of the unemployed' can do, it's a joke. (Mother to receive counselling, idiot son to get boxing lessons and equally idiot - 'You're bright, clever and beautiful' :gag: - daughter supposedly getting a job at Curry's.

Now I spent some money in Curry's last Saturday and there is no way that idiot would ever get a job there. She should have stuck with the bingo calling.

This programme is the pits. The dim leading the dumb.

What I'm wondering is how did they possibly keep claiming job seekers allowance? It was obvious they wasn't looking, so if they weren't seeking how did they get an allowance?

It was also blindingly obvious that the son wasn't fit to work, so how was he claiming?

did the girl sleep on the floor because they don't make beds strong enough to take her weight?

What I'm wondering is how did they possibly keep claiming job seekers allowance? It was obvious they wasn't looking, so if they weren't seeking how did they get an allowance?

It was also blindingly obvious that the son wasn't fit to work, so how was he claiming?

claiming and given free boxing membership, happy days.

Oh, Paul! Don't you know how it works?

claiming and given free boxing membership, happy days.

Don't forget paid councilling. I wish I could get paid for someone to sit in front of me and say "you can find work, you are a good person".

I'm assuming that I'm paying for that as well.

There should be a questionnaire to fill in about how your tax contributions are spent.

currys were clearly paid to take that girl on from last nights show. The interview she did was appalling.... she had that file clutched to her the whole time which comes across as defensive & didn;t answer the questions , in particular why she likes customer service roles...:|

Not one of the people on these programmes have been put onto training programmes to upskill themselves, or improve their qualifications (attending a CV workshop does not count as a course).

Its also interesting that adult education (for over 19s) have been drastically reduced for around the last 5 years, so for many of these people its difficult to get out of the rut they are in

I'm a Jobcentre employee, the woman is a bloody disgrace. She's made a fortune out of the misery of the unemployed whilst forging a company that's privatised the Jobcentre. Helping people back into work should be a public sector and social issue, not one that helps make profit for idiots like her.

It's a TV programme, its not really done for the benefit of the unemployed, and will only affect/help? a very small number. Having never had to rely on the jobcentre to find work, may I ask if people who start out as basically unemployable are given individual training on job applications and interviews via the JC?

In reality, the younger people on the show didn't have any real work experience, didn't know how to find work, and the young man had absolutely no confidence. What do the government agencies offer in one to one support to get people like this job-ready? When I became involved in recruitment I realised just how many applicants didn't have a clue how to fill in a basic application - and were unlikely ever to make it to interview. Perhaps 'how to get a job' should be taught in secondary schools?

It's a TV programme, its not really done for the benefit of the unemployed, and will only affect/help? a very small number. Having never had to rely on the jobcentre to find work, may I ask if people who start out as basically unemployable are given individual training on job applications and interviews via the JC?

In reality, the younger people on the show didn't have any real work experience, didn't know how to find work, and the young man had absolutely no confidence. What do the government agencies offer in one to one support to get people like this job-ready? When I became involved in recruitment I realised just how many applicants didn't have a clue how to fill in a basic application - and were unlikely ever to make it to interview. Perhaps 'how to get a job' should be taught in secondary schools?

Because of our benefits system, the so-called 'unemployable' do not have any powerful incentive to make themselves employable. This is the nub of the problem in my view. At the beginning of the programme, the 'jobmother' asked the mother if she would work for £5.80 an hour. The latter's immediate response was 'no', implying that she was quite happy to exist on benefits as long as the state continued to provide them. Again in my view, there is a strong case for adopting something like the US system, where benefits to the unemployed are likely to be on a sliding scale, i.e. they are incrementally reduced after a time, which is one of the main reasons why the employment rate in the US is higher than in the UK.

I must say that the guy in tonight's show certainly seemed more positive after her input.