Alcohol overuse

I like to dring because I like the taste, but I also like to get drunk too! I like to exist in an altered state of mind from time to time. It gives me a better grip on reality & Opens the creative side of my mind! :love:

LSD use to do that didnt it ?

LSD use to do that didnt it ?

Again, only in the erroneous belief of the taker.

Of course, LSD is much more likely to cause immediate death than is drunkenness, but neither of them are remotely healthy, even though small quantities of alcohol are not particularly harmful.

Again, only in the erroneous belief of the taker.

Of course, LSD is much more likely to cause immediate death than is drunkenness, but neither of them are remotely healthy, even though small quantities of alcohol are not particularly harmful.

Evidence for this bizarre assertion?

you should drink because you like the taste of the drink you are drinking and not to get wasted.

thats why i have at least 10 open bottles of spirts :(

i think oh i really fancy a .......baileys so i buy a bottle have one then it sits there untouched, same with brandy,rum,tia maria etc really with they would do really small maybe single serving bottles (never see them tiny air line type ones any more)

So we're told that the medical recommendation is 2/3 units per day - do you seriously know anyone who always just has one glass of vino? most of us will manage 2/3/4 (especially today lol). But you don't get advice about just drinking at weekends - presumably binge drinking... and then abstaining during the week (as i choose to...)..

I only ever have one glass of wine or small glass of port if I'm having a drink at all.

I agree with other users about the arbitrary recommendations put on alcohol consumption for long term consumption, but the evidence which IS available (and for which I've seen quite a bit of data) is to do with what is termed binge drinking, but which actually just means drinking your whole week's intake in one or two sessions, not necessarily implying that anyone is consuming more than the advised limits overall.

Statistically people who drink less frequently but when they do drink they drink more than a few units at a time are more likely to have demonstrable liver damage than those who drink the same quantity of alcohol spread out evenly during their week, and this applies even to those who consume an amount which wouldn't be seen as extreme if counted as a daily limit.

So if you drink only on a Friday night and you drink 14 pints every Friday night you'll be statistically far more likely to have liver damage than someone who drinks 2 pints every day.

Getting drunk has no record of persuading people they can fly and jumping off 10-storey buildings.

I suspect, though, that in the grand analysis alcohol is probably more dangerous.

I think you'll find that a rather large number of people who fall from buildings or other large structures - bridges, cliffs and so on are drunk. The number of deaths directly attributable to LSD intoxication is absolutely miniscule at the side of the vast numbers of people who kill themselves accidentally or otherwise whilst drunk.