Alcohol overuse

Again, only in the erroneous belief of the taker.

Of course, LSD is much more likely to cause immediate death than is drunkenness, but neither of them are remotely healthy, even though small quantities of alcohol are not particularly harmful.

something tells me that you have not got a clue what you are talking about!

If you think LSD is more likely to kill than Alcohol, your mistaken. When you take LSD, you don't feel like fighting, driving, or even doing ANYTHING for that matter. Alsohol is bar far the most dangerouse drug.

All drugs release happy hormones that can stimulate creativity. Just look at the modern history of art & music. Where do you think Salvador Dali's surrealism paintings came from? Where do you think the Beatles inspiration for their later music came from??

something tells me that you have not got a clue what you are talking about!

If you think LSD is more likely to kill than Alcohol, your mistaken. When you take LSD, you don't feel like fighting, driving, or even doing ANYTHING for that matter. Alsohol is bar far the most dangerouse drug.

All drugs release happy hormones that can stimulate creativity. Just look at the modern history of art & music. Where do you think Salvador Dali's surrealism paintings came from? Where do you think the Beatles inspiration for their later music came from??

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever read on here.

Theres more to life than being off your nut writing music and painting.

Would you like a surgeon doing an operation on you while he was stimulated on LSD?.

As far as all drugs releasing happy hormones, why do people refer to heroin as "nasty"?.

Edited by alex3659

It's certainly not true that all drugs 'release happy hormones', they alter brain chemistry in lots of different ways.

It's equally the case that this doesn't inherently make LSD more harmful than alcohol.

It's certainly far from toxic, a fatal dose requires 70 times as much as the more concentrated street hits, with the average dose on the street varying by up to 400%. (Ie if you'd got a lower dose street deal you'd need 280 doses to be fatal).

Deaths caused by primary LSD effects have not been well documented. The lethal dose of LSD has been estimated to be 14,000 mcg. Few cases of massive ingestions have been reported; because of its large index of toxicity, patients must have access to unusually concentrated forms of LSD if they are to overdose.

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever read on here.

Theres more to life than being off your nut writing music and painting.

Would you like a surgeon doing an operation on you while he was stimulated on LSD?.

As far as all drugs releasing happy hormones, why do people refer to heroin as "nasty"?.

Why do people get addicted to Heroin? Certainly not because it is nasty? Read Wonderland Avenue, or Trainspotting.

And, why would there be more to life than being off your nutt, listening to music and painting if you are a musician or a painter??

I've made my living by playing music, some of my songs wouldn't have been half as good if I didn't use the odd drug now and then. There is a massive difference between using and abusing!

Why do people get addicted to Heroin? Certainly not because it is nasty? Read Wonderland Avenue, or Trainspotting.

And, why would there be more to life than being off your nutt, listening to music and painting if you are a musician or a painter??

I've made my living by playing music, some of my songs wouldn't have been half as good if I didn't use the odd drug now and then. There is a massive difference between using and abusing!

Not everyone needs drugs to enjoy their life.

Addiction to heroin is more caused by the ****ty way you feel on withdrawal than how you feel on it. Hence the nickname "nasty".

As for your songs being twice as good because you use illegal narcotics.:hihi::hihi:.

There is more to life than being off your nut thats a fact and if you don't know that I pity you.

I am sure not all painters and musicians need drugs to be able to do their job.

Not everyone needs drugs to enjoy their life.

Addiction to heroin is more caused by the ****ty way you feel on withdrawal than how you feel on it. Hence the nickname "nasty".

As for your songs being twice as good because you use illegal narcotics.:hihi::hihi:.

There is more to life than being off your nut thats a fact and if you don't know that I pity you.

I am sure not all painters and musicians need drugs to be able to do their job.

I never said that I need drugs to do my job! I'm just pointing out that with the right person, drugs are not necessarily dangerous, infact sometimes they can be useful and even beneficial.

There is a lot of people in this country (you included), that think they know everything about drugs & yet they know nothing!

I would like to know what your experiences of drugs are. Obviously you don't really know as much as you would like us to think. I've never heard of Heroin being called Nasty before:hihi:

I never said that I need drugs to do my job! I'm just pointing out that with the right person, drugs are not necessarily dangerous, infact sometimes they can be useful and even beneficial.

There is a lot of people in this country (you included), that think they know everything about drugs & yet they know nothing!

I would like to know what your experiences of drugs are. Obviously you don't really know as much as you would like us to think. I've never heard of Heroin being called Nasty before:hihi:

I've grown up surrounded by drugs and their effect on people.

Nasty is a long standing nickname for heroin.

Drugs are usefull and beneficial used legally.

I know a lot more than I wish I did about drugs, I have seen to many friends and aquaintences die from using these so called harmless substances.

I have seen it destroy lives and families.

The problem is people like yourself who like drugs think everone else is wrong or ill informed.

You also stated that taking drugs makes your songs better.:huh::huh:.

I don't think I know everything about drugs, you certainly don't either.

I remember the first person in pheonix house rehab, he doesn't take drugs now but his health still suffers after many years of being drug free.

I know plenty of people who have got their lifes back on track but a lot more that have not.

I do not know of one person I have met who I could say have benefited by taking illegal substances.

Edited by alex3659

I've grown up surrounded by drugs and their effect on people.

Nasty is a long standing nickname for heroin.

Drugs are usefull and beneficial used legally.

I know a lot more than I wish I did about drugs, I have seen to many friends and aquaintences die from using these so called harmless substances.

I have seen it destroy lives and families.

The problem is people like yourself who like drugs think everone else is wrong or ill informed.

You also stated that taking drugs makes your songs better.:huh::huh:.

I don't think I know everything about drugs, you certainly don't either.

Yeah, I think it does. If you think drugs have done bad things for music, then you should take all your records, taped & CD's and burn them! Cos those musicians were really high on drugs!

I just have a much more open mind about drugs than you do. I too have lost friends through drugs. Mainly alcohol to be honest. Once someone starts on that slippery road, it's hard to get off & they seem to stop at nothing to destroy themselves. I on the other hand know when to stop & there are certain drugs that I will never take again, because there is a time and a place for them. I have too many responcibilities these days.... But I still love the odd smoke from time to time, it really does make band practice more productive and experimental & trust me, if you want to make your music stand out & actually sell some records, you have got to be experimental & try to be as original as possible.

Why should the legal status make a drug useful or not. Legality is something we've made up. Before the mid 60's cannabis was legal, was it useful then and became non useful when made illegal?

Mephadrone was legal until a few months ago. Was it useful before hand? And incidentally, like a lot of drug laws, it turns out that Mephedrone didn't kill anyone, the evidence arrived after the knee jerk legislation though.

Heroin BTW is highly physically addictive. You crave it because of the changes it creates in your brain chemistry, not because coming off it is unpleasant.

Yeah, I think it does. If you think drugs have done bad things for music, then you should take all your records, taped & CD's and burn them! Cos those musicians were really high on drugs!

I just have a much more open mind about drugs than you do. I too have lost friends through drugs. Mainly alcohol to be honest. Once someone starts on that slippery road, it's hard to get off & they seem to stop at nothing to destroy themselves. I on the other hand know when to stop & there are certain drugs that I will never take again, because there is a time and a place for them. I have too many responcibilities these days.... But I still love the odd smoke from time to time, it really does make band practice more productive and experimental & trust me, if you want to make your music stand out & actually sell some records, you have got to be experimental & try to be as original as possible.

You taste in music may well be different to mine, but to say all records or CD's are produced by high on drugs musicians is ridiculous.

I have nothing against people having the odd smoke but by your own admission it more often than not goes further than that.

I certainly don't see any health benefits in it.

I have heard cannabis can be useful in helping MS sufferers and morphine has been a godsend for myself on a few occasions.

Edited by alex3659