Pope takes side of child abusers - again

It is amazing that he has spoken out to condemn the police action considering that the Belgians must still be hurt by the paedophile case when the police visited a house and heard screams but did nothing. There were two girls in the cellar who were later murdered.

Pharyngula has it nailed in his blog. The arrogance of the catholic church is astounding. Enough.

They are good on education but I had my unhappiest years in an all girls Catholic Convent school.

At least I was spared the convent education :gag: although I briefly spent a few months overseas in one and was at the mercy of a vile sadistic nun. I'll never forget it and we were given corporal punishment for the most innocuous of things, such as removing our forefinger from our lips, as we had to sit thus for several minutes per day. :roll: I don't know anyone who went to Catholic faith school and speaks of their experience positively.

I suspect that the revelations about the systematic child absue that has been covered up by the Catholic Church is only the tip of the iceberg.

It is amazing that he has spoken out to condemn the police action considering that the Belgians must still be hurt by the paedophile case when the police visited a house and heard screams but did nothing. There were two girls in the cellar who were later murdered.

Pharyngula has it nailed in his blog. The arrogance of the catholic church is astounding. Enough.

Absolutely spot on. He could still temper it with urging people to suspend their judgements until a full investigation has been carried out, however, his moral outrage is misplaced.

At least I was spared the convent education :gag: although I briefly spent a few months overseas in one and was at the mercy of a vile sadistic nun. I'll never forget it and we were given corporal punishment for the most innocuous of things, such as removing our forefinger from our lips, as we had to sit thus for several minutes per day. :roll: I don't know anyone who went to Catholic faith school and speaks of their experience positively.

I suspect that the revelations about the systematic child absue that has been covered up by the Catholic Church is only the tip of the iceberg.

I was routinely smacked on the knuckles with a ruler by a nun for any mistake I made. They were called The Sisters Of Mercy but they showed us none.

I spent a year in a catholic school which was up a side road not far from Hillsboro Barracks. I was five years old and scared sh*tless of those big penguins. I still remember the stale smell of their black robes up close and those big rosaries and crucifixes.

They were a vile lot and I still hate em today.