Pope takes side of child abusers - again

I'm beginning to doubt that the Pope is a Catholic, pattricia :(

No doubt he's Catholic. Its the Christian bit that's in doubt. Still; I often find that the most generous christianlike spirited people are often atheist.

I spent a year in a catholic school which was up a side road not far from Hillsboro Barracks. I was five years old and scared sh*tless of those big penguins. I still remember the stale smell of their black robes up close and those big rosaries and crucifixes.

They were a vile lot and I still hate em today.

Was it The Sacred Heart school.? Yes, this thread has brought a tear to my eye, remembering just how unhappy I was.

I spent a year in a catholic school which was up a side road not far from Hillsboro Barracks. I was five years old and scared sh*tless of those big penguins. I still remember the stale smell of their black robes up close and those big rosaries and crucifixes.

They were a vile lot and I still hate em today.

I have friends who have actually developed a phobia about nuns and shudder whenever they see one.

i went to two catholic schools, primary and secondary and neither were shy of hitting, slippering,or giving a hit with a ruler on its sides on the knuckles and this to kids as young as 7 or 8. a disgrace, they should have a good look at themselves and wonder why no ones in church.

I have friends who have actually developed a phobia about nuns and shudder whenever they see one.

We had a tour of a Catholic Church on holiday in Tenerife, and I had to rush out as I felt claustraphobic with fear. I had so much praying to do as a pupil,that I cannot abide to go inside a church now.

i went to two catholic schools, primary and secondary and neither were shy of hitting, slippering,or giving a hit with a ruler on its sides on the knuckles and this to kids as young as 7 or 8. a disgrace, they should have a good look at themselves and wonder why no ones in church.

It takes all your confidence away doesnt it ?

Was it The Sacred Heart school.? Yes, this thread has brought a tear to my eye, remembering just how unhappy I was.

Yes it was the Sacred Heart. Fortunately for me my ma realized how miserable I was and hauled me out. I never had anything more to do with the catholic faith after that.

You are lucky, I hope the Catholic schools have now changed their attitude.

i think they have, but to people of a certain age, they were brutal.

to have nuns hit kids not much older than toddlers for laughing in class is so wrong