Ban the vuvuzela horn from the world cup!

Bonzo77

I hope "blood sucking" doesn't find it's way into football. ...

This isn't about football vs any other sport. I was sympathising with viewers faced with the prospect of attempting to watch something they're interested in while being aurally assaulted with a relentless, distracting noise.

Yes. if I hear one more of these annoying plastic mionstrosaties I shall ram one up Nelson Mandella's backside with some considerable force.

Well to do either you will have to go to South Africa, because he's not coming here!

And having done so, there's a fair chance an African will fancy dispatching your head from your torso with an assegai.

But at least you won't have a sore arsehole.

Enjoy your trip

This isn't about football vs any other sport. I was sympathising with viewers faced with the prospect of attempting to watch something they're interested in while being aurally assaulted with a relentless, distracting noise.

Point taken.

But for once, it's not about what armchair viewers want though is it!

It's about people who want to be part of the World Cup, which is being held in Africa.

They're ruining the games, there's no build up of excitement. There's no atmosphere at all in the matches, just that irritating constant whine like a disturbed wasps nest. I have to turn the sound off and then shortly after the TV goes off as well, because there's no point in watching a silent game. :(

They must be losing viewers in their droves. They said on the news this morning that they can't do anything about it at all. Whatever can be done has already been done.

So I'm wondering if that drone is the result? They can't really be enjoying that sound for 90 minutes surely? Does it sound more like horns in the actual stadia?

Edited by rubydazzler

Point taken.

But for once, it's not about what armchair viewers want though is it!

It's about people who want to be part of the World Cup, which is being held in Africa.

It's a global event, as the name implies. The majority of those who want to be part of the world cup are in front of a screen or a radio, and it seems that for many of that crowd the droning is spoiling their experience.

Call me old fasioned if you want, but I like to be able to hear the voice of the fans! If these horns get into the UK football grounds, they will drown out all the amazing songs that crowds sing!

Also, you can't here any reaction from the crowds when their team scores a goal!