Ban the vuvuzela horn from the world cup!

Bonzo77

It's a global event, as the name implies.

.......Hosted by the South Africans.

That is their way of life, and whether we like it or not they are entitled to present it that way. We are not their colonial masters, to dictate to them..

Having said that I don't want them in our grounds either.

But is the noise any worse than the crescendo of horns that used to welcome us to German grounds (east and west) for European ties in the 70s and 80s?

Edited by geocol

Well, unlikely that they'll get banned. But at least one footy fan isn't watching, it does my head in. This Arg-SKorea game, you can't even hear any cheering when either team scored! Just louder bloody horns. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, the first few games, I didn't so much notice it, but since it's been brought to our attention, I can't drown it out now :mad::hihi:

England match should be ok though, gonna watch in pub, hopefully with good atmosphere.

.......Hosted by the South Africans.

That is their way of life, and whether we like it or not they are entitled to present it that way. We are not their colonial masters, to dictate to them..

Having said that I don't want them in our grounds either.

But is the noise any worse than the crescendo of horns that used to welcome us to German grounds (east and west) for European ties in the 70s and 80s?

I was going to respond to your specific points, but then I realised that, hey, it's only football and I'm really not that fussed. I do feel sorry for the pished off footy fans though. Anyhoo, your hyperbole did make me chuckle though, so I'll leave you with

. Watch it quick before the copyright police take it down.

I was going to respond to your specific points, but then I realised that, hey, it's only football and I'm really not that fussed. I do feel sorry for the pished off footy fans though. Anyhoo, your hyperbole did make me chuckle though, so I'll leave you with

:hihi::hihi:

Brilliant!

Ok funny, I'll give you that (but that really funny clip with Hitler ranting about Kevin Keegan at Newcastle has unfortunately been removed.)

With the number of Hitler's cohorts who escaped to South Africa (along with certain South American countries) in 1945, if it wasn't for the Vuvazela, I'd have been surprised if the Horst Wessel song hadn't been heard in the last week.

Enjoy the rest of the tournament...... ....and any goose stepping in Pretoria!

Edited by geocol

I love the vuzu. I love turning on the radio while I'm working from home and hearing that beautiful background drone, confirming the world cup is in full swing. Beautiful.

Are you seriously suggesting we that we impose our prissy, middle class, (largely) white sensibilities on a nation that has been more suppressed than almost any other in history?

I love the vuzu. I love turning on the radio while I'm working from home and hearing that beautiful background drone, confirming the world cup is in full swing. Beautiful.

Are you seriously suggesting we that we impose our prissy, middle class, (largely) white sensibilities on a nation that has been more suppressed than almost any other in history?

I know, it's pathetic. It does make me laugh how outraged us Europeans get when something's a little bit different from what we're used to.

I'm getting some for tonight's game and will be blowing in solidarity with the South Africans for every one of England's 4 goals