St Phillips Social Club on fire - A61 closed southbound

Its still got small parts burning and the fire officer reckons its another 2-3 hours before I can get my car out of the garage which is in the middle of their cordon

What is it with these strange dark hours of the morning fires at clubs that are no longer clubs????

Loxley Country Club, Pinewood and now this one.....something is going on surely.

oops forgot Dial House :hihi:

Pinegrove even... Pinewood's the film studio!

What is it with these strange dark hours of the morning fires at clubs that are no longer clubs????

Loxley Country Club, Pinewood and now this one.....something is going on surely.

there was also the darnell libs less than a month ago. know its not the same area but yet another dis-used club. what a waste of some great buildings. i had many a nights as a kid in that club and it was shame it closed. by the time my son is old enough clubs and pubs will be a thing he studys in history lessons.

Darnall libs too the other week.

I can hear fire engines rushing past again...wonder if something new has happened?!

Its still got small parts burning and the fire officer reckons its another 2-3 hours before I can get my car out of the garage which is in the middle of their cordon

I blame those pesky Panthers. ;)

Regards

Doom

Pinegrove even... Pinewood's the film studio!

I think we had the last ever wedding reception at the old Pinegrove, so I was sad to see it close.

Our reception was on the Saturday night and the following week it had gone into receivership never to be re-opened.......Then a few years later it went up in flames.

Regards

Doom

I just hope they're all insured...

Some people need to chill out. For the record I wasn't dissing the fire department merely stating it seemed odd that it was still burning. Obviously the answer has now come to light. No wonder people don't come on here anymore. It's the Internet equivelent of being lynched!

And yes! I do respect the fire department! Jeez...

Maybe people are just wondering why you seem to find it so remarkable that a large fire takes a long time to put out. You first post certainly sounded like you thought the fire brigade weren't dealing with it properly.

I just hope they're all insured...

I bet they were all well insured.

Oops and yes....Pinegrove :hihi:

Is the road still shut?

No, I saw things coming up there a few minutes ago so it must be open again.