Garden fires official rules

Hi, we are wanting a bonfire tonight ( on our back garden) to get rid of a load of old wood ect.. but didn't know if there were any certain times of the day/evening that it is illegal, such as before 6 someone has recently told me? just wanted to verify this, been googling it all morning to try and find out but can't seem to...

It will be in a massave burning tin so not dangerous and won't spread to other things.

Thanx.

None.

If in doubt phone the council.

In NEDDC regardless of rumour you can have one when you want.

I don` think there is a time, you just have to be considerate of your neighbours. If they are sat on garden or have the washing out then don`t light it. Or let them know that you`re gonna light it at a certain time, then they can get their washing in etc.

When we have had fires we have left them till later, about 8.30/9pm.

The rule is that you are supposed to have them in an evening - I read that on the council site a while back.

However I wouldn't do it in this weather because people will have house windows open in the evenings and might get a tad angry about having a load of smoke stinking out their houses, so I'd wait til it's not hot sunny weather - probably in a few days knowing the UK weather ;)

Bonfire Nuisance and how to deal with it - Bonfires and the Law

"It is a common misconception that there are specific by-laws to prohibit bonfires ¡ there are not. An outright ban would be difficult to enforce and very occasionally a bonfire is the best practical way to dispose of garden waste. If used sensitively the occasional bonfire should not cause a major problem. However, where a neighbour is causing a problem by burning rubbish, the law can be used for your protection."

from Sheffield City Councils website.

I was always bought up to light one after six.

But a bit of common sense is always a good thing. If it's still warm and sunny at 7 or 8pm during the week spare a thought for those who work and might want to relax in their garden or do their washing then.

I sometimes put my washer on before I go to work, then hang it out when I get home, and leave it out to dry until 8 at night.

You can have a bonfire anytime you like long as,The smoke from the fire is not causeing an hazerd to road users.But like other have said be considerate to others:)

I was always unnder the impression you could not light bonfires before 7pm.

I phoned the council about this and there is no time you can or cant have a bonfire.

You just have to be considerate to neighbours if they have washing out etc.

So, go for it!!!

xXx

I don't usually have problems with neighbours occasionally burning garden waste, but it's a different matter when they decide to burn rubber and plastics which create dangerous toxic smoke - not very nice on children and garden produce.

....................I am just very thankful you are NOT my neighbour!! I think any garden fire large or small is a very anti social thing too do. Take it to the tip (if you have transport) put bit by bit in the bin, Simples!!!

Yeah, that's a good point. What are you burning that can't be recycled?