The Ashes - Second Test

goose

Originally posted by Freebird

Lovely To See The Aussies Celebrating.........A Draw?:confused:

Not just a draw.. 2 things to celebrate

1. They survived against a team that has dominated them for 3 days..

2. Warney has yet to beaten in Test Cricket at Old Trafford (But wasn't his wicket a peach of a catch :clap: )

:D

England didn't lose the match yesterday; it was effectively lost by the weather on Saturday. I am in absolutely no doubt that had we got a full day's cricket in on Saturday we'd be 2-1 up in the series.

I do however worry somewhat about our problems in bowling out so-called tail-enders. Having said that, the Aussies aren't the best in the world for nothing. Warne has shown what a tremendous player he is with two great innings. Likewise, Brett Lee is pretty good with the bat.

But let's take nothing away from this England side. We're just about competing with the Aussies in every department. The crowds are flocking to the game and it's impossible not to watch the match on tele.

My only hope is that we don't reflect on Kevin Peiterson's dropped catch as being the turning point in deciding who wins or retains the Ashes.

NB: The only change I'd make before Trent Bridge would be to remove Geraint Jones and insert the more dependable Chris Read.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived