The Ashes - Second Test

goose

:clap: :clap: :clap: ENGLAND HAVE WON :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow, that was exciting stuff, won by 2 runs,

Edge of the seat stuff, one stage thought we had blown it, then a dropped catch, next ball a 4 and a no ball.

Thought it was all over then.

But wot a catch by the wicket keeper (quite nice as well)

Crikey, after that I need a drink tonight. :thumbsup:

For many years now I have had to suffer a torrent of p**staking every time that Australia wipe the floor with an English cricket, rugby (union or league), and recently football team. In fact any sport that Australia get the better of the Poms- the reason for this sad state of affairs is that two of my father’s brothers emigrated to Oz soon after the end of WW2. They both married over there and I’m afraid to say that I have a total of 8 Australian mickey-taking cousins and a legion of other 2nd cousins and the like.

The upside of this however is that as much as they love lording it when they beat us, Aussies are probably the sorest losers in the human race. This means that for the past two hours my taunts over the telephone have been met with some of the foulest language imaginable, cries of ‘You Pommie t**t’ following which the receiver is slammed down.

Their passion for sport, correction Australian sport, is unparalleled. I remember being there at the time of the Sydney Olympics, watching the men’s 5000 metre final on TV and witnessing the splendid performance of the Australian participant as he finished 23rd or something like that. The winner of the actual race was a total afterthought as far as Aussie TV was concerned and this was the case throughout the games.

Well done England, the nation is proud of you and this particular citizen is very grateful to have been given the opportunity to get my own back slightly. Now can we please win the Ashes, that would be heaven!

PS for those of you interested I’ve attached a picture of one of my Antipodean cousins and his wife

Click Here:thumbsup: