Trickett family of Sheffield / Ecclesfield

Oh ! Hague too !

Hi Viking

I am doing some family history on one of the old Ecclesfield families and I would appreciate if you would let me know what year was the list you posted?

Thanking you

PopT

http://www.spick.co.uk/index.htm

Hi Betty, please contact me at.......... [email protected] I will be able to give you more details on my Ronksley and Hague lines.

Regards,

Jay.

Are there any Trickett family members out there? I am doing my family tree and would like to contact anyone who may be a relation.

I used to know Albert and Betty Trickett in Ecclesfield. Many years ago though.

Nigel - were they any relation to 'miss Trickett', a dancing teacher in that area?

I think the little gennell that connects Cross Hill in Ecclesfield with the end of Butterthwaite rd in Shiregreen is called Trickets Lane, may be some connection.

Hi Viking

I am doing some family history on one of the old Ecclesfield families and I would appreciate if you would let me know what year was the list you posted?

Thanking you

PopT

I like to thank Viking too as im doing my family history on my mother's mother side of the family in ecclesfield.

As for the OP for the Trickett family i know my father knew a bloke with the family name of Trickett from up shiregreen area use to go drinking with him, i remember he used his surname as his first name of tricky so i dont know his real first name, but i will ask my dad later for you as my mum can not think of it ither as it was so long ago, it may lead to something.

I was at Philadelphia County school in Kelvin with an Eric Trickett in the 50s.He would have been born in 48/9 and lived on Montgomery Terrace road.His father was a milkman called Harold and had elder brothers Alan and Ernest,a younger brother Keith and a sister called Mavis.He was considered to be a 'sickly' child and was transferred to Springvale House the so-called open air school in the late 50s.Hope this is of some help.

Hi Viking

I found your Ecclesfield folio pages very useful.

Could you let me know which year these were from.

Thanking you. Great Stuff.

PopT

These were from1861 Pop. :thumbsup:

Im doing my family history on my mother's mother side of the family in ecclesfield.

There were 2 seperate (But Related) families of Tricketts living in High Green (2 miles from Ecclesfield) in the 1970's to the 1990's.

They both lived on Worral road.

One of the males (Who would be in his 60's now) was a local councillor for the liberal party.

Names were Audrey Trickett, her son Craig, 3 Daughters Beverley Alison and Another one.

They were both big families.

Nigel - were they any relation to 'miss Trickett', a dancing teacher in that area?

Sorry to be so long with a reply. I am asking around. I do remember people speaking about Miss Trickett. I shall get back when I know something.

Thanks, Nigel - it was Beryl Trickett and she was my wife's dancing teacher in the 50's. Cheers.