Trickett family of Sheffield / Ecclesfield

Avril Trickett was a prefect at Waltheof, in 1962.

She were a nice lass too.:)

No relation to who you are looking for but worth a mention.

BLUEHOLLOW George Trickett is also my ggreat grandfather, he came out to Sydney, to arrive 1834, his son George is my great grandfather, would love to make contact with you.

cheers

Christine

George Trickett (1808-1881) was my GGG Grandfather. He was transported to Australia as a convict in 1834 on the Fairlie. He later married Mary Anning or Evans and had 6 children, one of which was Edward "Ned" Trickett, the sculler. I believe that not long, maybe a couple of years, before he was transported he was married to Louisa Offiler. I am looking for information on George's parents if anyone can help. I've come to a dead end.

Bluehollow please can you get in touch with me, as I have further info on George's parents.

Christine

I'm a Trickett descendant - my 3 x gr grandfather was John Barber Trickett - registrar at Bradfield around the time of the Sheffield flood , this is my fathers line of the family and I should be a trickett as my grandfather was born trickett but his mother married a Taylor and so he 'assumed' the name , I can be contacted at [email protected] - if anyone wishes to contact me please put 'Trickett Family' as subject as I delete emails I don't recognise ! :)

P.s ChrissieK - Bildeborg is a distant cousin whom I am in regular contact with !!

now they have cleared the graveyard at wadsley church there is a very large monument for a tricket family.there are lots of names mentioned john tricket died 1860 and ann died 1898 are just two.

Bildeborg...if you get this please get a hold of me at [email protected]

To any Trickett's,

I'm currently trying to find long lost family. Just trying to see if you might be of any relation. Here is information of my family history. If this is your family I hope to speak with you further. The following information is verified family. We just don't know if there are any decedents living.

I'm not sure if you can help but I have found my family record and this has been proven fact. The Stockton-on-Tees Library assisted me in my search. So you know, my great-grandmother was Susan Tricket (married name was Truman). Here is a copy of the e-mail they sent me:

"Hello David,

We have found only one record of a John Henry Trueman born in the December Quarter of 1896 in Stockton . No trace of a baptism was found in our church records.

John Henry appears on a NY Passenger List in 1922 and his father is listed as J. H. Truman living at 22 Ida Street , Stockton-on-Tees .

There is only one family recorded on the 1901 and 1891 Census in the Stockton area they are possibly the one you are seeking.

If this is the John Henry you are looking for then the family appear on the 1901 census living at 12 Ida Street Stockton-on-Tees . John Henry is four years old and living with his father John, mother Susan, brothers John, Harry, Arthur, sister Elizabeth and a Joseph Truman John Henrys’ grandfather.

In the 1891 Census the same family were living at 7 Craister Street Norton in Stockton Parish. John, and wife Susan, sons, John W., Harry, & Arthur, sisters Elizabeth and Ada and Elizabeth Trickett mother in law are listed.

A marriage between a John Truman and a Susan Trickett was recorded in the December Quarter 1879 in West Bromwich Birmingham . As Jack believes his grandmothers name was Susan there is a strong possibility that this is John Henry’s parents marriage.

No trace of any marriage for a John Henry has been found in our records.

I have attached two images of the 1901 Census and the 1891 Census."

After speaking to my (living) grandfather, we were able to confirm this information. My great-grandfather, John Henry, did come to the U.S. in 1922, New York bound. John Henry's parents, John and Susan (married 1879), were married in Birmingham and lived in Stockton-on-Tees as soon as 1891.

John Henry (my great-grandfather) and his 3 brothers (John W., Arthur, Harry, Elizabeth and Ada) are verified family. My great-great grandfather and grandmother were John Henry and Susan Truman. Her maiden name was Trickett. The reason I have contacted you is because you live in the city they were married.

I'm just curious if there's any relation between you and us here in the states. Just to find out if there's any extended family would complete our search for lost family. It would put us at peace to find lost family.

Have a wonderful day.

Dave Roberts

Bildeborg or any others with Trickett family,

I'm currently trying to find long lost family. Just trying to see if you might be of any relation. Here is information of my family history. If this is your family I hope to speak with you further. The following information is verified family. We just don't know if there are any decedents living.

I'm not sure if you can help but I have found my family record and this has been proven fact. The Stockton-on-Tees Library assisted me in my search. So you know, my great-grandmother was Susan Tricket (married name was Truman). Here is a copy of the e-mail they sent me:

"Hello David,

We have found only one record of a John Henry Trueman born in the December Quarter of 1896 in Stockton . No trace of a baptism was found in our church records.

John Henry appears on a NY Passenger List in 1922 and his father is listed as J. H. Truman living at 22 Ida Street , Stockton-on-Tees .

There is only one family recorded on the 1901 and 1891 Census in the Stockton area they are possibly the one you are seeking.

If this is the John Henry you are looking for then the family appear on the 1901 census living at 12 Ida Street Stockton-on-Tees . John Henry is four years old and living with his father John, mother Susan, brothers John, Harry, Arthur, sister Elizabeth and a Joseph Truman John Henrys’ grandfather.

In the 1891 Census the same family were living at 7 Craister Street Norton in Stockton Parish. John, and wife Susan, sons, John W., Harry, & Arthur, sisters Elizabeth and Ada and Elizabeth Trickett mother in law are listed.

A marriage between a John Truman and a Susan Trickett was recorded in the December Quarter 1879 in West Bromwich Birmingham . As Jack believes his grandmothers name was Susan there is a strong possibility that this is John Henry’s parents marriage.

No trace of any marriage for a John Henry has been found in our records.

I have attached two images of the 1901 Census and the 1891 Census."

After speaking to my (living) grandfather, we were able to confirm this information. My great-grandfather, John Henry, did come to the U.S. in 1922, New York bound. John Henry's parents, John and Susan (married 1879), were married in Birmingham and lived in Stockton-on-Tees as soon as 1891.

John Henry (my great-grandfather) and his 3 brothers (John W., Arthur, Harry, Elizabeth and Ada) are verified family. My great-great grandfather and grandmother were John Henry and Susan Truman. Her maiden name was Trickett. The reason I have contacted you is because you live in the city they were married.

I'm just curious if there's any relation between you and us here in the states. Just to find out if there's any extended family would complete our search for lost family. It would put us at peace to find lost family.

Have a wonderful day.

Dave Roberts

I am descended from the Truman/Trickett family and was aware that one of the sons emigrated to the US. I am happy to correspond with you. My name is Grant Truman.

Edited by trueblue1964

I knew of a Sidney Trickett who worked at Andrews Toledo steelworks in Neepsend in the 50s

Hello there

i dont know if i have any relation to you but my name is J Trickett and i live in south east sheffield

i am related to an eric trickett who has been mentioned by someone earlier in this forum and an audrey trickett who originally came from newcastle. As a helping hand i will try and find out who there grandparents were :)

Hi I dont know if its the same family but I have some references to a Trickett family in Fulwood my father used to know in 1944 he used to wlk the dog Kiska.

Let me know if you want me to dig deeper into the box of his papers further.

Sincerely

Sally

Hello, i may have a Trickett connection.

My grandad John Arthur Smith (1905-1974), his father was James Arthur Smith (1883-1930), his father was James Henry Smith (1861-?) who married a Lucy Trickett in 1881. He was 20, she 19 and at the time they were living on Carver Lane. On the their wedding certificate Lucy Trickett's father is James Trickett (deceaseed in 1881) and he was a gas fitter.

If any of this means anything to anyone i would be interested to hear from you.

Edited by Haydn72