The 2009/10 Snow Megathread

just been to crosspool shops , its like a BLIZZARD:banana:

Snowing very heavily in Dronfield.....woooooohooooooo !!!!!!

I would love to know what people class as 'quite heavy' or 'heavy'. I've noticed over the last few days that some people in the same area as me, only a few streets away, will come on here and say "oooh it's coming down heavy now!".

I look out of the window and see what resembles bits icing sugar coming out of the sky. :huh:

When I say 'heavy' I mean LOADS of BIG flakes, and the only time I personally think it came down heavy was on Tuesday - the rest has been a few light showers here and there.

What about everyone else?

Oh, and at the moment there is a bit of icing sugar coming out of the sky in S12 :hihi:

I class heavy as low visibility, and large flakes covering surfaces, as I've found you can post heavy and 5 mins later it's just a flurry.. But as everything it's all subjective...

A61 Tankersley , A616t , Dearne Valley Bypass , Bochum Parkway all badly affected by snow

Have just driven from Granville Road to London Road and back. It was snowing rather prettily (not going to fall into the heavy or not debate) and has settled but now appears to have stopped.

Fortunately, like many people, I bought enough food before xmas to feed an army and so we are getting by on a balanced diet of after eights and salted nuts! :)

Have just driven Parkway, M1, M18 - outside lane of M1 covered, M18 seemed ok. Outside lane of the Parkway covered but only thinly - no less driveable than the inside lane. As ever, someone was in the inside lane doing about 15mph, causing a hazard.

I cleared my path today. Just been out and measured snow and it is around 18mm deep.

Snowing prettily here in Darley Dale ...