Don't Vote Conservative or Labour

What platform would the "independents" stand on though? Do we want 600 plus MP's all with their own individual agenda?

Most independents are usually against something rather than pro something - seems almost like a manifesto for paralysis.

Is this worse than the whip system we appear to have at the moment,with everyone "on message"?

Is this worse than the whip system we appear to have at the moment,with everyone "on message"?

Whipping should be relaxed to give MPs more free reign. If an issue is in the party manifesto, then MPs should vote with the whip. Afterall they stood on that manifesto. But when things aren't in the manifesto - like a war with Iraq, MPs should vote to reflect what their constituents think, and/or their consciences.

For years and years we have voted for these two dispicable parties and I think its about time it ended.

There is virtually nothing to choose between these greedy, sleazy, self serving parasites.

The shadow cabinet only looks better when out of office because most people forget what they were like when they were in power.

Neither party does ANYTHING for the hard working, honest people of this country except use them as a cash cow to fund their own extravagant lifestyles.

Come the election lets not make the same mistake again and vote them back in.

They have virtually ruined and taken away the identity of this once great nation.

Best way would be a 100% stay at home and dont vote [impossible of course] but the message would be hammered home. Lets face it, most politicians are 10% caring, and 90% egotistical and 100% greedy. I am now over 60, have seen and heard enough lies, have a bloody good memory and wouldnt p*ss on an MP if he was on fire. Its not just the two top parties, it's all of 'em. My favourite TV prog is now Question Time, its better than the Muppet Show.

Whipping should be relaxed to give MPs more free reign. If an issue is in the party manifesto, then MPs should vote with the whip. Afterall they stood on that manifesto. But when things aren't in the manifesto - like a war with Iraq, MPs should vote to reflect what their constituents think, and/or their consciences.

Ha Ha, whipping should be deployed everytime an MP tells a lie. It would be the only way to get 'em to tell the truth. And I mean the 'corporal' type whip, not the party whip which disregards the wishes of the voters.

For years and years we have voted for these two dispicable parties and I think its about time it ended.

There is virtually nothing to choose between these greedy, sleazy, self serving parasites.

The shadow cabinet only looks better when out of office because most people forget what they were like when they were in power.

Neither party does ANYTHING for the hard working, honest people of this country except use them as a cash cow to fund their own extravagant lifestyles.

Come the election lets not make the same mistake again and vote them back in.

They have virtually ruined and taken away the identity of this once great nation.

I agree. Both of these parties are Capitalist parties. Capitalism is evil and has ruined this country by brainwashing people into believing that greed and selfishness are characteristics to be admired. When will we ever learn?

Edited by Keith Rich

This is a charge frequently levelled at Labour.

I could not myself remain as a Labour Party member if I honestly felt that there was no idealogical difference between Labour and the Conservatives.

The forthcoming general election will, I believe, sharpen the public perspectives of what those differences are.

Perhaps you could take time to highlight some of the differences / sociological changes under the Blair era and the end user differences to that of the Thatcher Era ?

Thatch was prepared to bankrupt the country to close down the traditional smokestack industries whereas Blair it seems achieved the same end by feeding the fatcat banking system.

Thatchers decimation came to a natural end when no one was left in those industries......... when does the feeding frenzy of the banking bonusses end ?

Thatch took us to war on a better set of lies than Blair has been able to concoct. (I.E She knew the invasion was imminent wheras blair knew there were no WMD,s) but they went ahead anyways on their false agendas.

I could go on but eagerly await the differences.

Edited by logiebaird

Best way would be a 100% stay at home and dont vote [impossible of course] but the message would be hammered home. Lets face it, most politicians are 10% caring, and 90% egotistical and 100% greedy. I am now over 60, have seen and heard enough lies, have a bloody good memory and wouldnt p*ss on an MP if he was on fire. Its not just the two top parties, it's all of 'em. My favourite TV prog is now Question Time, its better than the Muppet Show.

Poster from my own heart - come with me my friend and vote for the looneys- at least their lies are funny and dont have the serious consequences of the liars trying to pass themselves off as genuine.

There is of course another option by voting for someone who you know to have actually done some good in the political arena unrewarded so that brings your options down to Joanna Lumley or Honor Blackman.

The last creditable labour councillor was Ron Ironmonger and his proposed free busses for Sheffield or spinning ron as we now call him as he turns in his grave.

Edited by logiebaird

I agree. Both of these parties are Capitalist parties. Capitalism is evil and has ruined this country by brainwashing people into believing that greed and selfishness are characteristics to be admired. When will we ever learn?
The sooner people realise that we haven't had a true labour government since the one Thatcher replaced the better.

• 4 weeks later...

Bring back Guy Fawks he had the right idea,ther is hardly any one with any back bone that will speak up for us, do you remember the guy a few years ago who got a whole lot of drivers together to protest about the fuel prices, he had the right idea.

Isn't speaking up for the people who are getting shafted worth any thing, a lot of people would do more if more if we all got together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Margaret Thatcher started the rot, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown finished it off.

Red

Edited by RED10