Why are there no good sandwich shops in Sheffield?

Being a " White van Woman " i would say i am the worlds authority on Sheffield sarni shops...Out of all i have tried all over the city...and bearing in mind i work for Environmental Health dept...i would say the 3 that stand out are.....

1st Master Chef, Staniforth Road

2nd Sarni Shop, Duke Street...( Sorry cant remember the name..its next to Chip Shop)

3rd The Diner, Neepsend Lane

Originally posted by djash1000

Getting a good sandwich or full english breakfast seems impossible.

Just where the heck is Commonside ?

Sheffield is full of excellent & cheap sarny shops ! There is like one every 500 yards !

Originally posted by Joelc

Me and Captain_Scarlet have had long converstions on this subject. My favorite is Nibblers on err dunno what the streets called, but its the one behind the SHU Union Teapot Center, on the corner, and one on the corner of Nether Lane in Eccelesfield. Also there is one down Chesterfield Road that comes high on the rankings.

Joel

Indeed we have and we both admitted that both our regulars spoil us !

I amdit I don't know Joel's, but Mr B's on Chesterfield Rd was recommended to me B4 I even moved to the area.

Originally posted by Captain_Scarlet

Just where the heck is Commonside ?

Commonside is the flat(ish) bit before you get to Walkley when heading up the hill from the university.

Scott's Pantry (near uni) hasn't had a mention. Damn good food. Apparently they do great bacon sarnies too

Theres a place opposite tescos on eccy road that does a fine stilton grape and walnut bap. I used to live near it. Its great! Then there lunch stop on west street. Let them stand long against the hideousness of Subway!

What about Scotts near the Uni.

Great sarnies, but prices have gone up alot recenlty since new managment.

Best sarnie ever, in world, from scotts;

Crispy bacon and chicken mayo, with salad on soft frence. (with onion and egg).

Wahoo, very rich and loads of mayo,

will make you sleep all afternoon. but very nice.

What about that van that loiters near the sheffield uni? Johns takeaway I think. Used to always get a BEST on french when I was off to lectures. Thus feeling v full for the rest of the day...

Archived