Why are there no good sandwich shops in Sheffield?

nice one on rutland road - opposite blakeUK

Does a lovely cheese and ham salad in a breadcake - cheap too!

Stumpies on the Quayside... the bread in there is amazing and the choice of fillings and the guy behind the counter knows EVERYONE and what they have in their regular sandwiches... and he never fails to make me smile with his cheery nature!

woodies is good, but a bit tricky tring to get near it in the course of my days driving around sheffield. another very good place I recommend is big J's, the catering van on herries road. do a fantastic breakfast and butties. I also pass that several times a day so get more chance to visit.

JOINT on woodseats...fantastic food...friendly staff....the melts are to die for....been most days this week....can never choose as theres so much...

hot pork/beef etc....but please do try the melts....

Stumpies on the Quayside... the bread in there is amazing and the choice of fillings and the guy behind the counter knows EVERYONE and what they have in their regular sandwiches... and he never fails to make me smile with his cheery nature!

I agree, Stumpys which is on Victoria Quays makes great sandwiches. All the ingredients are fresh and good quality. The sandwichs aree made however you like them and 'Stumpy' is always cheery and you can have a decent chat with him.

woodys on ecclesall rd is amazing!!!!!! chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, mayonnaise on a baguette is highly reccommended and bloody cheap!

Try Stumpy's for fabulous sandwiches. It's a bit out of the way because its at Victoria Quays, but well worth the walk. You're spoilt for choice on the bread you can have your sandwich on - sundried tomato ciabatta, plain ciabatta, white bread, granary etc etc. And the bread rolls are enormous. There's a choice of fillings - ordinary ones such as cheese salad to more interesting ones such as organic wensleydale & onion marmalade - delicious. With/without salad, add beetroot, pickled onions, coleslaw, whatever you want. Prices are fine - cheaper than a Boots meal deal.

As an added bonus, when the weather's fine, you can relax & enjoy watching the world go by at the quayside.

You just gotta try a subway sandwich!

A bit pricey but well worth it.

Best sandwich shop franchise in Sheff IMO would have to be Greggs.. As they're the only sandwich shop that'll make me a cheese sandwich with SLICED cheese instead of that annoyingly messy grated rubbish..

I am of course obliged to moot Dora Websters near the Leppings Lane tram stop cos Mum worked there for 11 years.

I have to agree, Greggs Chicken Mayo are devine..... Also another good sarnie shop situated at Olive Grove next to the hairdressers, they do the best sarnies ever, always busy. The fillings are well generous.

Getting a good sandwich or full english breakfast seems impossible. Most sandwich shops, sell 'catering' sausages, which for your info contains, 25% mechanically recovered chicken, mmm nice (what on earth is that?) Maybe i'm just picky...thoughts, suggestions or anyone wanna go in business?

(my first topic so feel free to say get lost:) (i did a search and the only other sandwich one i found was woodys sandwich shop.)

well to anwser your question mechanically recoverd meat is as follows,

chickens well any animal are killed, plucked, gutted all bits from inside usually end up in pate's and meat spreads

then the whole animal is then chopped up into cuts of meat like steaks roasting joints ect ect

then they save all the other bits that go into other meat by products

and finally whats left at the end of the conveyor belt is removed mechanicaly and sold to burger, chicken nuggets, turkey twizzlers and other such rubbish kids eat making companies at a cheap price they dont mind selling it cheap as theyve made their big money from the items above they then add loads of flavouring and addatives and lots of other chemicals and charge the earth for it.

hope that makes sense i seemed to ramble near to the end :hihi:

Unforunately there are not half enough sandwich shops in Sheffield to satisfy the working population of a lunchtime - witness the queues for most of them - especially fargate, orchard square, round the cathedral etc. whats happening - are Sheffield Council blocking more of them ?

sean's on banner cross