Pike fishing Sheffield canal

Try down at tinsley marina ive seen some decent ones come out of there :):)

Well after a few attempts, finally landed my first ever pike here on Sunday morning.

Thanks for the advice LJK!

Hi Andy,

Well done! Where abouts did you go? I'm planning of going down the canal from the marina, behind meadowhall, this weekend to do some spinning with lures. Maybe see you down there?

Glad i can help, will put some pics up now of some of the pike ive had out of the Canal, the biggest i caught out of the tinsley basin just behind meadowhall retail park.

Bear in mind these are from 2004 to lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Kelk_SXi/Pike165lbs.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Kelk_SXi/Pike031004.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Kelk_SXi/Pike150804.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Kelk_SXi/Pike2128lbs.jpg

Lovely! I didn't think you were allowed to fish in the marina? Can you get permission?

Hi Andy,

Well done! Where abouts did you go? I'm planning of going down the canal from the marina, behind meadowhall, this weekend to do some spinning with lures. Maybe see you down there?

It was the stretch next to Bernard Road, on a small spoon spinner.

I was just about to go home and decided to have a couple more casts, straight after a much larger pike followed the lure right to the edge and spat it out as I was due to strike!

Anyone been piking lately down on the canal?

Any luck?

Any luck?

no luck... been 3 times last week

The last one i caught was 13Llb taken on a small spinner on the Bacon Lane stretch. That was a long time ago though.

Chip and Shoulder are the two words that spring to mind.

Don't tar all us anglers with the same brush. As someone pointed out above it's our good work (ACA) that has helped to clean up the rivers and canals, and the majority of anglers are responsible folk who will clean away any littler after themselves.

Well said,,,,,,,

10 a sharp knife as they are best gutted and prept as soon as possible ;)

Tut tut tut that's **** get em put back,

Any luck?

Went 2 week ago by the marina at tinsley, got there at 7:30am and caught on smelt in first 20mins, about 4/5 lb jack! But nowt else all day! However the bloke abit further up had 4 out and lost 3, but would deffo go back,

Hi, just wondering if anybody has had any luck recently on the canal, I've been down a couple of times with the spinning rod and a good selection of lures but nothings taken to them. Only caught 2 pike from there before but that was last year, any information would be great, wanna get a new pb so anything over about 4lb would be good I guess.

i rarely fish the canal for pike now as the majority of fish are jacks and the east europeans have killed a lot of fish. however, i will probably have a session this week. hopefully something decent will show up as the last canal 'double' i had was three years ago.