Pike fishing Sheffield canal

You again? Troll somewhere else why don't you

Struck home with apoint have we ??

Troll - with my whole ten posts get a life. I only originally came on here to get help with our boiler for hubby. I just happen to agree with previous posters who think that the average fisherman who uses the canal is disgusting. If you don't believe me have a walk from the basin to Broughton Lane. If you are the best that this board has to offer,who and feels free to abuse others for their opinions - Stuff you and this board.

Struck home with apoint have we ??

Troll - with my whole ten posts get a life. I only originally came on here to get help with our boiler for hubby. I just happen to agree with previous posters who think that the average fisherman who uses the canal is disgusting. If you don't believe me have a walk from the basin to Broughton Lane. If you are the best that this board has to offer,who and feels free to abuse others for their opinions - Stuff you and this board.

The only think that's struck is the fact uneducated ignorant people like you who assume just because the fishermen are sat their all day well it must be their litter??!!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=503703

Check this thread out, it started to go the same way this thread is.

You will have to go a long way to find an angler who doesn't clean up after themselves - they do exist but most of them are responsible, cleaning up their own and others litter - I myself do this every time I go.

Stop picking on a minority - what about all the others who use canals and water ways to walk, run, exercise their dogs, cycle etc etc? No.... it's just the fishermen that litter, of course...

well said oddgit

Mary - anglers are generally conservationists and act as the eyes and ears of the waterways - next time you see a water vole a kingfisher or something else that you like when strolling the banks - thank anglers for constant campaigning to ensure waterways are kept unpolluted, stocked with fish and revitalised from the industrial revolution - you wouldn't see any of it otherwise and the environment would not support it.

Theres very few anglers that wont move their poles or umberallas if asked politely - you always get a few obstinate people within everything in life - remember that waterways such as canals are there for everybody to enjoy - not just walkers, joggers and cylists, so does it really hurt when you may have wait for a couple of mins for an angler to move his pole or finnish playing a fish?

Numbers of participant anglers in the uk is estimated at betwwen 1.1 and 1.5 million which generates over £25 million pound for the Environment Agency who look after waterways in the UK so dont knock em and think about it for a moment!

Edited by craigs

The only think that's struck is the fact uneducated ignorant people like you who assume just because the fishermen are sat their all day well it must be their litter??!!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=503703

Check this thread out, it started to go the same way this thread is.

You will have to go a long way to find an angler who doesn't clean up after themselves - they do exist but most of them are responsible, cleaning up their own and others litter - I myself do this every time I go.Stop picking on a minority - what about all the others who use canals and water ways to walk, run, exercise their dogs, cycle etc etc? No.... it's just the fishermen that litter, of course...

Thats the thread I remembered

Sorry my apologies I never realised it was the walkers / cyclists on the canal who leave the bread wrappers, lager cans and sweetcorn tins by the towpath and stop off to light fires I must be wrong and therefore apologise unreservedly. I say again check out the path between the basin and Staniforth Road its filthy ....

Damn those walkers and cyclists drinking lager as they walk taking time to dump 5 or six cans and all this while nibbling huge quatities of bread sweetcorn and Spam, while those lovely fishermen have to sit among their squalor

Edited by Mary Rose

Thats the thread I remembered

Sorry my apologies I never realised it was the walkers / cyclists on the canal who leave the bread wrappers, lager cans and sweetcorn tins by the towpath and stop off to light fires I must be wrong and therefore apologise unreservedly. I say again check out the path between the basin and Staniforth Road its filthy ....

Damn those walkers and cyclists drinking lager as they walk taking time to dump 5 or six cans and all this while nibbling huge quatities of bread sweetcorn and Spam, while those lovely fishermen have to sit among their squalor

Edited by MrSkinner

i take all my litter home after i finsh fishing and my mates do to we some times clean up as well after walking around , its not just anglers that leave rubbish , and i for 1 move my gear if iam on a canal cost to much to replace

I recommend the canal.

if you go on the canal mary please take your rubbish home with you

Raw sweetcorn, dry bread and Spam washed down with Carlsberg, my favourites when taking a pleasant stroll on the canal.

Like those other ecological users of the canal on this forum I always take my litter home, and often take time out to pick up other peoples too !

Raw sweetcorn, dry bread and Spam washed down with Carlsberg, my favourites when taking a pleasant stroll on the canal.

Like those other ecological users of the canal on this forum I always take my litter home, and often take time out to pick up other peoples too !

Is that Carlsberg Export or Carlsberg Special Brew you wash it down with.If it's Special Brew I find it accompanies Danish blue cheese rather well.

Mary dont be silly, Raw sweetcorn never, thats why we light fires!!!