Pike fishing Sheffield canal

when i was younger frecheville pond on birley was always absolutely packed with pike and there really was some huge pike in there but i have'nt fished up there for a couple of years but it was always well stocked when i was fishing their and saw some of the biggest pike ive ever seen so worth a try

DO NOT EAT FISH CAUGHT IN THE SOUTH YORKSHIRE/ DON CATCHMENT

Over many years of industrialisation much toxic sedement was deposited and is still finding its way up though the food chain.

Many of these chemicals are know cancer causing agents or substances likely to cause genetic damage to your unborn children

If you choose to eat fish caught from the Don catchment do not cry when you end up with something quite possibly incurable.

If you think I am lying try doing some research

start with the

Rother...Europes most polluted river at one point

Don...Grossly polluted for over 100 years

Dearn...as above

Sheaf...As above

The list is long.

Also fish is a finite resourse and is not to be taken for the table.

Woodsetts Quarry.

regards Mick

DO NOT EAT FISH CAUGHT IN THE SOUTH YORKSHIRE/ DON CATCHMENT

Over many years of industrialisation much toxic sedement was deposited and is still finding its way up though the food chain.

Many of these chemicals are know cancer causing agents or substances likely to cause genetic damage to your unborn children

If you choose to eat fish caught from the Don catchment do not cry when you end up with something quite possibly incurable.

If you think I am lying try doing some research

start with the

Rother...Europes most polluted river at one point

Don...Grossly polluted for over 100 years

Dearn...as above

Sheaf...As above

The list is long.

Also fish is a finite resourse and is not to be taken for the table.

wouldnt the fish die from the toxics before anyone had the chance to catch them ?

Dam Flask reservoir is supposed to hold a fair few monster pike

Fished in a pike match there about 1974, don't think anyone caught anything though and there were a lot of fishermen entered the match.:hihi:

I've fished at Damflask for years and I've played many Pike but as yet I've yet to land one.It's easy getting Pike to bite at the Flask,put a single or double maggot on a 18,20 or 22 hook tied to a 2lb hooklength and float fish via the waggler or pole,you'll soon start catching Perch,Roach or skimmers and 10 to 15 minutes later a Pike will attach itself to one of these fish.I've never fished specifically for Pike but at Damflask they seem to like their food fresh.

Ive had some very decent pike out of the canal, if i can find the pics i will post them up, i normally find spinnerbaits are one of the best methods on there, i normally walk from vic quays all the way up to near meadowhall, altho one of best spots is between town & staniforth road bridge.

Ive had some very decent pike out of the canal, if i can find the pics i will post them up, i normally find spinnerbaits are one of the best methods on there, i normally walk from vic quays all the way up to near meadowhall, altho one of best spots is between town & staniforth road bridge.

Yep like i said neear Bernard road is packed full of them:)

And be careful if you haven't got a permit as from the tinsley marina to the part past the viaduct where the canal meets the river is private and is owned by tinsley and district.Permits can be bought from tardis tackle shop firth park.

If you do go fishing on the canal, don't forget to leave your Carling, White Lightning cans, plastic bottles, empty tins of corn, and your bread wrappers, either in the canal or on the towpath for others to enjoy.

And don't forget to light a fire on the towpath and leave the remnants there for others to walk over.

Plus if you have a large umbrella make sure that anyone walking the towpath has to step off of the towpath into the brambles to get past, ditto with those big fishing rods, don't under any circumstances make any attempt to move them if someone wants to get past.

I just thought I'd fill you in on local customs

If you do go fishing on the canal, don't forget to leave your Carling, White Lightning cans, plastic bottles, empty tins of corn, and your bread wrappers, either in the canal or on the towpath for others to enjoy.

And don't forget to light a fire on the towpath and leave the remnants there for others to walk over.

Plus if you have a large umbrella make sure that anyone walking the towpath has to step off of the towpath into the brambles to get past, ditto with those big fishing rods, don't under any circumstances make any attempt to move them if someone wants to get past.

I just thought I'd fill you in on local customs

You again? Troll somewhere else why don't you