Global warming put on the back burner

Err....they now reckon it's going to get colder :confused:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17742-worlds-climate-could-cool-first-warm-later.html

"we know more about what will happen in the 2050s than next year" says Met Office.

Or even next week ? :hihi:

I won't be around in the 2050s, just hope I'm not paying for your services :suspect:

They'd be better off writing a mathematical theory of war.

Will we get all our so called "green" taxes back ?

Will we get all our so called "green" taxes back ?

No reason why we should, since climate change continues to take place. Nothing in this new research alters that; even the man who has published it freely admits as much.

No doubt a lot of the people who read about it will assume that it's a contradiction, chiefly because they will only read about it, and not actually read what he has written.

No doubt a lot of the people who read about it will assume that it's a contradiction, chiefly because they will only read about it, and not actually read what he has written.

Have you found the full text of Latif's address to conference on line ? I couldn't find it.

"Breaking with climate-change orthodoxy, he said NAO cycles were probably responsible for some of the strong global warming seen in the past three decades. "But how much? The jury is still out," he told the conference. The NAO is now moving into a colder phase."

Hopefully this will take some of the hysteria out of the cast-iron case for AGW as the sole cause of climate change and persuade governments to make more realistic appraisals of the situation, but I doubt it will happen. A single voice appealing for reason will fall on deaf ears; AGW now has the status of a messianic religion and heresy can have serious consequences.

And talking of consequences this article might be more to the liking of the dedicated doom-mongers. :)

Its because of reports like this that "global warming" was rebranded as "climate change". That way whatever the weather did they would still be able to try and scare the bejesus out of us all....if we let them!

Do you remember in the late 70,s we were warned of a new global ice age?

Do you remember in the late 70,s we were warned of a new global ice age?

And methamphetamine has ravaged the streets of America.

Err....they now reckon it's going to get colder :confused:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17742-worlds-climate-could-cool-first-warm-later.html

"we know more about what will happen in the 2050s than next year" says Met Office.

Or even next week ? :hihi:

I won't be around in the 2050s, just hope I'm not paying for your services :suspect:

Does that mean we should ramp up our CO2 output to offset the cold spell we'll get?

surely conserving our diminishing natural resources and being good stewards of the planet is a laudable aim regardless of how much the current trend to warmer temperatures is a product of human intervention and how much is a product of human intervention.

The issue of global warming is the biggest load of tripe ever off loaded upon a gullible British public.

It is an excuse to restrict everything we hold dear.

The "Green Wellie Brigade" dont want you to know that the big cloud over Australia is actually the result of 25million sheep and 15 million cows farting into the atmoshere....they talk about your carbon footprint as though you look behind you and see it....what a load of wallies........ you could sell this mob anything....and yes the moon is made of green cheese......