Global warming put on the back burner

That it cannot be measured exactly does not mean it doesn't exist.
Everything that 'exists' can be quantified, in one measure or another. That's not me saying it, it's just one of the most basic factoids of 'science'. The core issue at hand, so it seems to me, is that noone can still agree on what to measure to begin with, then what to compare the measure with and on what timescale.

The uk does not depend on foreign evergy! We have plenty of coal in the uk. And when climate change is proven to be utter cack we may considering using our coal again. Why did we sell our north sea oil and gas? So the rich could profit that's why. We should have used it all for the uk.

And when utility prices are so high , even though when privatisation happened we were promised lower bills , you can see that climate change is a big con. Deforestation should be halted ,not because of climate change but because of loss of specis.

Personally, I'm currently looking at Solar heat and electricity solutions, with motivation about 1% to save the planet, and 99% to gain more independence from energy prices/suppliers.

We have been looking at wind turbines and SPs but living in the Peak National Park could make the planning approval more costly to obtain than the installation of either of them.

This thread about heat-pumps might interest you.

Why aren't the world governments planting trees on every bit of space available.

in the past 100 years: We have had the industrial revolution and deforestation plus all the wars, thousands of forest fires, nuclear test and bombs blasts, volcano's, Nasa and other rockets fired in to space, Iraq war where they set fire to all of the oil wells, Chernobyl, 3mile island, Windscale, Bhopal. 30 years of CFC's.

and they want me to change my light bulbs!!!!!!

As Mr Tesco says: Every little helps.

ps: I couldn't agree more.