We need a milkman

I would pay more for my milk if we still had a milkman 10p or 20p more will not make that much difference to most people! if anyone watched country file last week diary farmers are going out of business supermarkets are not paying them enought most farmers are claiming, they are running at a loss! The farm at bradfield sold their diary heard and started brewing beer because they could not make it pay maybe we should try and support the farmers a little.

Brilliant post, and very true.

My parents have always had milk delivered. He comes about 6:30-7:00 in the morning so you get fresh milk on your doorstep when you wake up.

I had to give up on my milkman because the milk was never the right quantity, the delivery got so late that in the summer it had gone off in the sun by the time I got home from work at night.

I feel a bit guilty about getting my milk from ASDA cheap because that isn't supporting local dairy farms like a milkman would be. And ASDA are basically selling milk as a loss leader so it prevents the farmers from having a good reward from their investment and hard work.

Another issue about supermarket milk is that it sometimes comes from france or other European countries. This is pretty much the opposite of what should be happening.

Its no wonder they are going out of business farming 'diarys' they should try milk :hihi: (sorry, couldn't resist)

It's ok pal I'm blaming it on that predictive text ha ha.

If I could find someone who delivered goat or sheep milk then I'd be happy to have it delivered, but I don't do cow dairy I'm afraid.

People who still use a milkman must have money to burn. I can understand the old'ens still doing it (for convenience) but why would you shell out 60-70p a pint when you can get 4 pints for 89p?

Its called supporting local businesses :)

Its called supporting local businesses :)

I'm all for supporting local business if a price is comparable.

8 pints milkman-£5.60

8 Pints Asda-£1.78

It's a no brainer I'm afraid!

Bit of an old thread but I am interested in having milk delievered again I am in S7 andwas wondering if anyone else gets any delivered in this area and who to use?

Thanks.