Britain Asked to take many more Asylum seekers By Brussels

Poor retep. What race do you think Travellers are, by the way?

They are Irish of course are you so thick you don't know, just that they seem to have gained their own rights and become distinct ethnic group, and are so liked by the rest of the irish community they even had a reception for them.

Recently in Clondalkin two Traveller families have been intimidated out of their houses by mobs. Traveller camps have been petrol bombed, families have been physically attacked by farmers in Galway, all in the very recent past. Travellers are subjected to the most extreme forms of social exclusion and segregation which can only be described as apartheid.

They are refused service in pubs, cafes, many shops, launderettes, hairdressers, discos, hotels, cinemas and even some doctors refuse to serve them. At an institutional level they are forced to sign on at different times to the rest of the population and in Dublin all Travellers who claim Supplementary Welfare have to do so in one separate health centre, Castle Street, whether they live in Bray or Balbriggan.

:hihi:

They are Irish of course are you so thick you don't know, just that they seem to have gained their own rights and become distinct ethnic group, and are so liked by the rest of the irish community they even had a reception for them.

Recently in Clondalkin two Traveller families have been intimidated out of their houses by mobs. Traveller camps have been petrol bombed, families have been physically attacked by farmers in Galway, all in the very recent past. Travellers are subjected to the most extreme forms of social exclusion and segregation which can only be described as apartheid.

They are refused service in pubs, cafes, many shops, launderettes, hairdressers, discos, hotels, cinemas and even some doctors refuse to serve them. At an institutional level they are forced to sign on at different times to the rest of the population and in Dublin all Travellers who claim Supplementary Welfare have to do so in one separate health centre, Castle Street, whether they live in Bray or Balbriggan.

:hihi:

I hope I'm not thick retep. Do you know anyone qualified to judge?

I wouldn't have had you down as a campaigner for Travellers' Rights. No matter.

There is no apartheid in Ireland, regarding Travellers or anyone else. That is simply a lie.

The Travelling Community is well-served by our Equality Authority, as is the settled community. No-one is allowed to refuse any service to a Traveller simply because of their "ethnicity". Your isolated incidents are not indicative of the situation at large.

Of course I'm sure you are already aware of all this. The real problem stems from your desperate and childish need to have the last word, however foolish.

No doubt you'll come back with some other inanity dressed up as a "fact". Work away retep. You have the floor.

I won't be replying to any more of your nonsense. It would be unfair of me to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

There is no apartheid in Ireland, regarding Travellers or anyone else. That is simply a lie.

The Travelling Community is well-served by our Equality Authority, as is the settled community. No-one is allowed to refuse any service to a Traveller simply because of their "ethnicity". Your isolated incidents are not indicative of the situation at large.

Of course I'm sure you are already aware of all this. The real problem stems from your desperate and childish need to have the last word, however foolish.

No doubt you'll come back with some other inanity dressed up as a "fact". Work away retep. You have the floor.

I won't be replying to any more of your nonsense. It would be unfair of me to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Turned out nice again.

Thats a bit of a silly question realy, i wouldnt say that(within England) southerners have a different culture to northerners, and even if they did, a difference of indigenous cultures' within a country(Welsh, Scotish and English) is fine, but nobody wants too many immigrants importing there alien cultures into this country, becoming established, and distorting Englishness, Welshness, Scotishness, Britishness.

Nobody? Tell me, what are the attendance figures for say, the Nottinghill Carnival vs changing the guard?

Afraid of the truth shoot the messenger.

http://www.nccri.ie/travellr.html

Denial of Racism

While there is a willingness to acknowledge that there is widespread prejudice towards Travellers in Irish society and also a recognition of discrimination against Travellers there is still strong resistance among the Irish public, to calling the treatment of Travellers racist. The title of an education pack

"I'm No Racist, and What Is It Anyway?"

Afraid of the truth shoot the messenger.

http://www.nccri.ie/travellr.html

Denial of Racism

While there is a willingness to acknowledge that there is widespread prejudice towards Travellers in Irish society and also a recognition of discrimination against Travellers there is still strong resistance among the Irish public, to calling the treatment of Travellers racist. The title of an education pack

"I'm No Racist, and What Is It Anyway?"

Did you actually read the link?

What do you think it says?