Osbourne house burngreave road

Have you any idea what number Burngreave Road this house is ?

It's Osborn House. it used to be a boys' home at one time but has been empty for 10 years or so. i think it was sold to a private owner a few years ago. anyone know?

It was sold at Auction 11 years ago for 125K i think and it was roumoured that it would be done up as flats but nothing happened for some reason and it sbeen left ever since. Before that I have no idea.

Have you any idea what number Burngreave Road this house is ?

136/138 somewhere round that - opp end of Minna Rd

Its Osbourn House. My mum worked here in the early "80", If i remember rightly, it was a remand home for young men

probably bought with a condition that it cant be demolished etc for so many years or unless it gets into a state, so its been left or somthing like that, its not like someone is going to buy it and deliberatley leave it that way for no reason.

Perhaps the owner is deceased or incapacitated or something?

I always wanted to buy this house when I was younger and turn it into a foster home... I still kind of do... its interesting that it used to be a remand centre for boys.

I had the opportunity to visit this house in the mid 80’s and it is a big place. A lot of big houses of a similar size are in the Burngreave and Pitsmoor area. When I first moved to Sheffield in the late 70’s I can always remember my Grandfathers house at the top of Andover Street and it was massive compared to what I was used to. It’s a pity these house’s have not got the same interest had they been in a different part of Sheffield.

it wasnt a remand home it was just a childrens home ,the remand home was shirecliffe house,up i think shirecliffe lane at the side of the post office.

Seeing nice houses in this state makes me sad.

But were someone to squat it and make some basic (even if only temporary) repairs there would be a massive outrage about dirty squatters wrecking treasured property

it got condemned in 1996 becausse of the roof and structure also it was abandoned 6 years before that because the old owners who lived in the property for only 6 months thought it was haunted saying they could hear children singing at night while they were in bed and polterguist activity in the kitching involving one of the residents being seriously injured by a cheesegrater of all things. looks like a great dooer upper opertunity but not for me thanks :)