UNDATED 20P what do i do

Congratulations on your find. Just do one thing first, check they ACTUALLY don't have the date on. I know a couple of people who thought they had one but when I looked the date was printed on it they were just not looking on the right side.

If you definately do have one then many congratulations, they're currently going for £200+ on Ebay but beware a lot of people are placing bogus bids on these items for the only reason I can think of being jealously.....

Thats right. The 20p pieces that have part of the shield pattern on have the date on the opposite side to normal.

Put them on ebay or get a miseryly £50 from the royal mint lol

i found a undated 20p other day and i dont no what to do with it either

I like this auction. Don't the suckers realise that even though there is no date on the head, there will be on the back!!!

The quicker you sell, the better; the current ridiculous prices will soon collapse once people realise that the genuine coin-collectors know how many of the things there are, and won't pay any more than they would for a similarly rare coin - ie. about fifty quid.

For the price they're going for now, i'd personally keep them for a good few years.

Coin collectors will part with more cash later when they're harder to come by.

Or try this site

http://www.undated20p.com/

the section on here about coin errors also states a 2p from 1983 with "new pence" instead of "two pence" on it ....i have some from different dates do these count or is that what used to be on them ??? please say i have special coins :hihi:

Beware on Ebay - the "new 2 pence" is all hyped up. They are worth...... 2p. Every copper coin from 1971 had "new pence" on it as this was after decimalisation. Only in 1983 did they convert it to say "two pence". They are not worth anymore and there are millions in circulation.

What the website relates to is that in 1983 a handful of coins had "new pence" and not "two pence". There are only........ wait for it......450 known to be in circulation so you have more chance being struck by lightening holding a winning lottery ticket :hihi:

Wow you have two. You can sell one now and treat yourself and save one in case the value increases. I reckon with the current hype though now might actually be the best price to sell

Beware on Ebay - the "new 2 pence" is all hyped up. They are worth...... 2p. Every copper coin from 1971 had "new pence" on it as this was after decimalisation. Only in 1983 did they convert it to say "two pence". They are not worth anymore and there are millions in circulation.

What the website relates to is that in 1983 a handful of coins had "new pence" and not "two pence". There are only........ wait for it......450 known to be in circulation so you have more chance being struck by lightening holding a winning lottery ticket :hihi:

never mind, back in the copper jar they go !!:rolleyes:

thanks for info jjrb

not taking offers they gone to a safe place. thanks guys