Pubs in town that are a disgrace

just been in sheffield town centre this afternoon with my 10- year old not very often i go in town has i prefer meadowhall, but i have to say what a disgrace the pubs are in the town centre.from the market the pub at the bottom then past by the co-op the one down the side road then up to the bankers draft . I have to say the bankers draft was the worst men outside drunk has early as 1.30 never had a wash dressed dirty picking tab ends up off the floor outside the place. I ask myself what standard does any of these pubs use? The thing is you only have to look what goes in and out of the market to see what sort of people use these pubs, they all congregrate round there. I like a nice decent pub one where there is good music good standard of people etc. What do other people think on the standard of these pubs?

Never go there to a pub. They are a disgrace and full of chavs and ner do wells.

Has to agree with you Bladesgirl ..yeah its scary and makes my tummy turn just to think of drink in the daytime.

Ive been in the Bankers a few times and it it not the friendliest of environments. Edging towards hostile a lot of the time.

Funnily enough, during the world championships, I bumped into a snooker player a few weeks ago who was having a break from one of his matches.. Im sure he had no idea what kind of clientelle frequent it and just wanted somewhere to go for a drink.

It's the location problem that lets the pubs down on one hand, but the industry is in such a mess that maybe they lower their standards to accomodate all types of people.

Edited by netheredge

Horses for courses - if you want to take your kid out with you while you have a pint, fair do's, I do it sometimes. Just choose a pub that suits. I wouldn't take my little one to the Bankers Draft - I'd take her somewhere like the Red Lion. As for the atmosphere, I quite like a pint in the Bankers' now and then, it's different and I've never felt intimidated.

The Banker`s stank of **** last time I went in. The Huntsman is better if u want a Wetherspoon`s cheap meal and a drink imo.

The bankers is a dire pub for reasons that have already been stated.

There are not that many good pubs in town but there are a few,mainly up division Street.

. I have to say the bankers draft was the worst men outside drunk has early as 1.30 never had a wash dressed dirty picking tab ends up off the floor outside the place.

1.30 :hihi: you don’t get out much do you, they will have been well oiled by then, they were probably knocking on the door for their breakfast.

Last time I had a meal in the Banker's Draft, the service was shocking! That and I asked for a chocolate ice cream and they brought plain! :rant::loopy: I also asked for no peas with my Scampi, and the plate came FULL of peas! But they do that at other Pubs cos for some bizarre reason they think the plate looks empty if they only put 6 pieces of Scampi and a few chips on it! :loopy:

Edited by Rich

Wife was scratching for a week after we mistakenly, one Sunday morning, went for coffee in the Bankers Draft at 9.45am. There were people drinking Magners cider at that time of day. Now I know why Magners is referred to as 'Tramp Juice' in the licensed trade, by the look of the people drinking in the Bankers Draft. What a dump!

Last time I had a meal in the Banker's Draft, the service was shocking! That and I asked for a chocolate ice cream and they brought plain! :rant::loopy: I also asked for no peas with my Scampi, and the plate came FULL of peas! But they do that at other Pubs cos for some bizarre reason they think the plate looks empty if they only put 6 pieces of Scampi and a few chips on it! :loopy:
Well at your age you ought to be eating peas ;)

If you dont like manky lowlife pubs then dont go in them - there are far better places on offer around town ... e.g. Crystal Bar or Ruby Lounge

there's-grammatically, there are-six billion and more people in the world and so an almost infintie number of choices of places to and things to do. some people frown upon a parent taking kids to pub-age and gender not withstanding- and some find it ok(me included). if you want the kind of service you expect in harrods go to harrods, if you want something akin to bankers go to bankers. don't expect bankers in harrods or the other way round. people need to calm the hell down. the city is laid out the way it is for a reason. all horses may have their courses being the underlying idea. crystal does nothing for me because there are stuck-up-their-own-rear-too-broke-but-showing people in there(my opinion) and bankers has people that don't care who you are or what you earn. so i go there regularly. we can have a tailor made city for everyone. next time you're out, if you can't-or choose not to-experience anything outside of what you're comfortable with go to the places you're used to. or open your mind and not get too stuck on what ice cream you got and try to LIVE. make it an anecdote or something in later years instead of spoiling yours and your child's day by being annoyed by what service or cream you get. life is bigger than that. and the market provides more and better food and trade than any of these money grabbing supermarkets or shops-majority-you get in meadowall. recognise.

jah live.

Edited by zion