Pubs in town that are a disgrace

i hate to break it to you, but ive seen/smelt some of the customers from the dove smoking weed too, also seen little bags passed around in the toilets, these things happen in a lot of pubs/bars and by people that look "normal", "balanced" and "respectable". the one that made me laugh once in the dove was when i had a group of kids (anyone under the age of 30 is a kid to me :) ) call me and my friend chavs! every band on the tshirts they had on id seen, and i reeled off albums/songs/singers, you should have seen their faces! nice bunch of kids once we got talking to them, but their first impression was judgmental, aggressive and generally not very friendly, and i made sure i told them off for it.

i hate to break it to you' date=' but ive seen/smelt some of the customers from the dove smoking weed too, also seen little bags passed around in the toilets, [/quote']

yeah this has happened on a very few occasions ..anyone caught dong this is barred instantly, whoever they are!! Fortunately its not a regular occurence because we are so vigilant about it and my staff are so fantastically well trained they know what to do, and how to do it! And you are right, this happens in EVERY bar, club and pub, you just have to stay alert and stamp it out pretty fast!

But the huge number of people over the last 3 years who have wondered in from the BD and who stink of weed is beyond believe............and they dont understand why they are asked to leave!!!! All we try to do is uphold the law, and unfortunately, not every institution has the same degree of vigilance.

As I was your daytime manager for over 2 years, I beleive that I am in a position to back this up 100% without someone jumping on me saying that I dont know what im talking about...

Thanks for that. It seems most of the forum is not aware of the problem the BD has got.....I am certainly going to make an undercover video and put it on you tube soon:hihi:

yeah this has happened on a very few occasions ..anyone caught dong this is barred instantly, whoever they are!! Fortunately its not a regular occurence because we are so vigilant about it and my staff are so fantastically well trained they know what to do, and how to do it! And you are right, this happens in EVERY bar, club and pub, you just have to stay alert and stamp it out pretty fast!

But the huge number of people over the last 3 years who have wondered in from the BD and who stink of weed is beyond believe............and they dont understand why they are asked to leave!!!! All we try to do is uphold the law, and unfortunately, not every institution has the same degree of vigilance.

I will back that up at well - I was the first of the doves staff to go on the police drug awareness course.

My score was the highest of the course and I even beat the city centre inspector Neil Mutch :hihi:

I must be part sniffer dog :D

im sure that everyone does there best down at the dove to counter this illegal behaviour, given the size of your place compared to the B D, and how difficult it is to keep on top of it, i can only guess the problem is magnified next door.

if it sounded or frlt like i was 'jumping down someone's throat' i apologize. this was not my intention. it's just rather rich people saying all this about some places. it's wrong to be agressive or threaten people. wherever you are, however you do it. a customer in the dove saying i was lost and wanted the place next door=which i wasn't, fleece, your pinball machines kick ass and i like the feel of your beer garden, feels like i'm in a kind of private member's club. and the majority of the cusomers are all crazy;-) and too laid back to bug anyone, just the way i like them. nearest place you can get to a rasta gathering without the rastas...=is no different to some asshole in bankers trying to force me to buy some crap they stole from primark.

the underlying tone of the comments is what grates. have heard the vodka rev crowd saying the same bout some of the best places in sheffield, casbah, for one. and some people who've never been to donkeymans say the same. you go to a place once and have a bad experience it's a hundred percent ****. you go there a couple more times you might see it for what it is. and just because you don't like a place don't make it ****. because people act different to your norm is just what it is. thank you kindly. and, again, my apologies.

if it sounded or frlt like i was 'jumping down someone's throat' i apologize. this was not my intention. it's just rather rich people saying all this about some places. it's wrong to be agressive or threaten people. wherever you are, however you do it. a customer in the dove saying i was lost and wanted the place next door=which i wasn't, fleece, your pinball machines kick ass and i like the feel of your beer garden, feels like i'm in a kind of private member's club. and the majority of the cusomers are all crazy;-) and too laid back to bug anyone, just the way i like them. nearest place you can get to a rasta gathering without the rastas...=is no different to some asshole in bankers trying to force me to buy some crap they stole from primark.

the underlying tone of the comments is what grates. have heard the vodka rev crowd saying the same bout some of the best places in sheffield, casbah, for one. and some people who've never been to donkeymans say the same. you go to a place once and have a bad experience it's a hundred percent ****. you go there a couple more times you might see it for what it is. and just because you don't like a place don't make it ****. because people act different to your norm is just what it is. thank you kindly. and, again, my apologies.

I just LOVE that :hihi::thumbsup::thumbsup::hihi:

When it first opened the Banker's Draft was pretty good, I even took my Mum there for lunch a couple of times, but I certainly wouldn't go in there these days. If you're looking for a definition of 'gone downhill' that's got to be it.

When it first opened the Banker's Draft was pretty good, I even took my Mum there for lunch a couple of times, but I certainly wouldn't go in there these days. If you're looking for a definition of 'gone downhill' that's got to be it.

I agree, back in 1988 when it opened it was lovely....its just in the last few years it has gone downhill so fast it has bottomed out into the worst scum hole in the City Centre in terms of its socail dreg customers. They got rid of their door staff because they cant afford them any more (Weatherspoons is in dire financial straits with a debt burden of 522 million pounds as of Jan 2009) , which made it so very much worse, and don't seem to be bothered they are full of morons and pond life.

IT IS THE NEW CANNON!!!!