Karen Matthews

In the newspapers today

Evil Karen Matthews has told of the two things she misses most behind bars… sex and shopping. But callous Matthews, 33, never once mentioned any of her other six children. Instead, in a self-pitying rant she wailed: “I always get the blame for everything.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/05/04/shannon-matthews-mum-i-only-miss-sex-and-shopping-115875-21332499/

She's a vile disgusting pig!

i don't hate her halibut because she looks rough she is hardly parent material is she? what parent put her child through that? if you haven't got kids then you wouldn't know what affect it would have on them. the woman is a disgrace and so are you if you agree with her.

That is an extremely patronising and quite ridiculous statement. There are people in all walks of life, nursery nurses, children's nurses, aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters, etc who may not have given birth, but can empathise and understand children. There are also parents who haven't got a clue. Just because someone has a child doesn't mean they make a good job of looking after them. Most child abuse is carried out by family members, namely parents.

i don't hate her halibut because she looks rough

Yet you repeatedly call her a 'bitch' and comment on her appearance.

she is hardly parent material is she?

Apparently not, but I don't see that as a good reason to pur scorn, hatred and calls to violence on the woman.

what parent put her child through that?

An inadequate and easily led parent without much of a clue.

if you haven't got kids then you wouldn't know what affect it would have on them.

As MsMacbeth has pointed out that's just patronising nonsense.

the woman is a disgrace and so are you if you agree with her.

You seem to have trouble either reading or understanding what I've written.

How poor is that!

We could apologigise for her in many better, and far more convincing ways!

She is underprivileged and poor, she may have been abused as a child or even an ethnic minority.

Do not be so quick to judge!

Anyway, if she was an ethnic or a rapist then saint halibut would be there to apologise for her:D

You seem to be experiencing some difficulty with comprehension martin; my comment to bladegirl was a response to her (as I saw it) rather vicious attack on this woman, which appeared to be based on her looks.

That is not the same as saying (as you must realise unless you're sensationally dim) that I approve of what Karen Matthews did.

Your cheap shot at the end of your remark says far more about you than it does about me. Choosing to link rapists and 'ethnics'? Predictable, but contemptible nevertheless.

why would her daughter (s) epiphany would want to stay with her? she is hardly a role model is she? having her daughter kidnapped for money? hardly a loving mum is she? do you really think any daughter would want to go bacmk to a mother like? have you stop to think what that has done to daughter physically and mentally? get in the real world they are better off with out her

...sorry :(

i don't hate her halibut because she looks rough she is hardly parent material is she? what parent put her child through that? if you haven't got kids then you wouldn't know what affect it would have on them. the woman is a disgrace and so are you if you agree with her.

You're forgetting one thing. Many people, myself included, don't have children

(not from choice) but one thing is certain, we have all BEEN children, and can therefore have some understanding of how a child might feel.

my statement halibut and ms mcbeth is not patronising at all. this woman is an absolutely disgrace even to put her own daughter through that. The mother didn't give 2 ****s about what shannon was going through all she did get a damn about was the money at the end of it. I t is bad enough any child being kidnapped but by a member of your own family is even worse. What love did karen have for her daughter then? he she loved her child she wouldn't have put her through that ordeal no parent would. What has this done physcially and mentally to shannon? who knows the scars don't go away overnight? it is her foster parents who will now be dealing with this not her so called mother. Shannon will probably better off with the foster parents she will get more love affection cuddles etc. As for the mother well in my opinion the sentance isn't long enough she should be hung. There is people out there who through no fault of their own can't have children but believe me if they could foster or adopt one they certainly would not treat shannon the way her mother did. If you lot think what Karen Matthews did is acceptable then if you have any children i pity your kids and i think you are disgrace also. If i knew of anyone of treating their kidds unfairly like karen matthews did believe me i would get the social workers involved straight away and your feet wouldn't touch the ground. No child at any age should have to go through that ordeal what ever age.

my statement halibut and ms mcbeth is not patronising at all. this woman is an absolutely disgrace even to put her own daughter through that. The mother didn't give 2 ****s about what shannon was going through all she did get a damn about was the money at the end of it. I t is bad enough any child being kidnapped but by a member of your own family is even worse. What love did karen have for her daughter then? he she loved her child she wouldn't have put her through that ordeal no parent would. What has this done physcially and mentally to shannon? who knows the scars don't go away overnight? it is her foster parents who will now be dealing with this not her so called mother. Shannon will probably better off with the foster parents she will get more love affection cuddles etc. As for the mother well in my opinion the sentance isn't long enough she should be hung. There is people out there who through no fault of their own can't have children but believe me if they could foster or adopt one they certainly would not treat shannon the way her mother did. If you lot think what Karen Matthews did is acceptable then if you have any children i pity your kids and i think you are disgrace also. If i knew of anyone of treating their kidds unfairly like karen matthews did believe me i would get the social workers involved straight away and your feet wouldn't touch the ground. No child at any age should have to go through that ordeal what ever age.

Actually reading what people say clearly isn't one of your strong points is it?

What Ms Macbeth and myself were referring to as patronising was very clear (Ms Macbeth even emboldened it for you) . It was the bit where you stated ''if you haven't got kids then you wouldn't know what affect it would have on them. which is, quite clearly patronising nonsense.

You don't need to be a parent to realise that the ordeal the child went through was horrible and damaging. I don't think there is anyone here who has said that Karen did was acceptable, but there are a few who have quite rightly questioned the degree of hatred and vitriol shown to her. She did a very wrong thing and she's been tried, found guilty and punished.

Exactly, she is in prison, doing her time, so why the anger? No one was killed or even injured, but, this poor woman is being treated like maxine Carr, who also did nothing wrong except lie for her boyfriend, she did her time in the nick, and is still being haunted?

What about the fact she conned money out of the Mccann's trust?? Do you not think that is the low of lows, when you are aware that your daughter is fine, but their daughter, god bless her, is sadly most likely no longer with us?? Do you not think that may contribute to the anger?

Or the fact she took money off all her neighbours and friends, in a help Shannon fund, in which she probably spent on Asda value lager, how about that?

What about the poor girl at the center of all this? She must be hurting so much, with so many questions that nobody can answer except her mother. She will be feeling so alone, and when you can't even trust your mother, how do you know who you can trust? Maybe that fuels peoples anger too. A vunerable little girl, shoved under a bed for a few weeks, just for the sake of a few quid and a bit of publicity, at her and many other peoples expense.

well said tess i agree with your post entirely, some people like halibut and ms macbeth think her behaviour is acceptable, well i don't remember in all of this is a child that has suffered and probably still suffering throught no fault of her own. The woman doesn't deserve any kids and i hope when she gets out of the nick that all her kids stay with there foster parents they certainly can't be no worse off. Whos to say when this so called piece of trash gets out she wouldn't do it again to any of her other kids?

well said tess i agree with your post entirely, some people like halibut and ms macbeth think her behaviour is acceptable, well i don't remember in all of this is a child that has suffered and probably still suffering throught no fault of her own. The woman doesn't deserve any kids and i hope when she gets out of the nick that all her kids stay with there foster parents they certainly can't be no worse off. Whos to say when this so called piece of trash gets out she wouldn't do it again to any of her other kids?

Read what I said - ''She did a very wrong thing and she's been tried, found guilty and punished.''

You either can't read (which is unlikely, since you can write) or you're deliberately misrepresenting what I said.

if halibut youare saying that she was found guilty and done her time why are you constantly arguing with people on here ? I think she is a disgrace, yes the woman is doing her time but the sentence is not long enough andf won't change my opinion of her either.