Pond Street Nora

does anybody have any pictures of nora or anything else please .....

Originally posted by Guest

Can anybody remember the local character Pond Street Nora in the 1970's? She could often be seen sitting on the benches in the old Pond Street bus station surrounded by all her belongings stuffed in carrier bags. I can remember seeing her for a decade or more then she disappeared. I wonder what became of her.

Mo

did you know nora mo?

Originally posted by depoix

wasnt she murdered in high hazels park ?

Yes Depoix .you are rite about Russian Edna. I used to work next to the Barly Corn she was always in there. Used to knock about with the Duke of Darnall. She was found murdered in High Hazels. They thought the Duke was to blame I don't know what the outcome was. Maybe someone else knows

Originally posted by porsche

her full name was nora kathleen welburne,she married a man called thomas lee they had a baby together a littlle girl called kathleen, she had the baby in 1945 nora was in her early 30s.they..............................................................................................

Thank you for the info. Porsche. Hope we will let it lie now.

We don,t know what circumstances people live in or for what reason. Thank goodness we have a healthy happy life.Be nice if everyone had that.

Regards Vera

thought you cant judge a book by the cover can you?????? nora died at 71 in 1986 in middlewood hospital of cancer and skin cancer we have the death certificate........x [/b]

Thank you so much for sharing that with us porsche, it must have taken a lot of soul searching to put that on here, when there have been so many negative things said about nora.

Originally posted by vhopkinson

her full name was nora kathleen welburne,she married a man called thomas lee they had a baby together a littlle girl called kathleen, she had the baby in 1945 nora was in her early 30s.they..............................................................................................

Thank you for the info. Porsche. Hope we will let it lie now.

We don,t know what circumstances people live in or for what reason. Thank goodness we have a healthy happy life.Be nice if everyone had that.

Regards Vera

somethings you cant let lie but i understand your point of view thanks anyway

Originally posted by owdlad

thought you cant judge a book by the cover can you?????? nora died at 71 in 1986 in middlewood hospital of cancer and skin cancer we have the death certificate........x

Thank you so much for sharing that with us porsche, it must have taken a lot of soul searching to put that on here, when there have been so many negative things said about nora. [/b]

like i said noboby really knew nora ,now adays alot of people are very much like nora but it goes unnoticed and she didnt hurt anybody just swore at them yea!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by marie1951

yes i remember pond street nora i give her a cig once she was a big lady and yes she could run fast

she cant have scared you that bad then if you gave her a fa g or two?

she cant have scared you that bad then if you gave her a fa g or two?

Why so defensive? It seems like you're trying to re-write history here. You may claim to be related to Nora, but that doesn't change the fact she was as mad as a convention of hatters and scarey as hell - especially to younger people.

Originally posted by mojoworking

Why so defensive? It seems like you're trying to re-write history here. You may claim to be related to Nora, but that doesn't change the fact she was as mad as a convention of hatters and scarey as hell - especially to younger people.

not at all,its just that i already said even her own daughter was scared of her.also i dont have to claim it we are related by blood ,also my mum lives with it everyday....i do not want to re-write history people were asking what happened to nora so i told them thats all......

I can remember pond street nora all to well as my dad use to work for the public health service and every 2 weeks they had to take her for a good clean up and make sure she had a bath and washed her hair she had quite a very bad language problem as well can anybody remember cyril who to sleep in C & A's doorway he use to walk around with his mouth open all the time as if he was yawning when he died they found out that he had left over 3 million pounds can anybody also remember vinegar joe who use to walk to doncaster and back come rain or snow or hot weather.my dad has seen them all in the time he had spent with the public health, alas my dad is dead he could tell you some stories all about the people who they use to fetch for there anually bath in and around sheffield especially the tramps.

Yes I remember Pond St. Nora and that great big nose of hers. Alwas muttering to herself, she should have been an athlete cos she could run like stink.