Are women looking for a Father ?

Good luck with that. I think you have more chance of getting a pet unicorn. :thumbsup:

Surely that's a blatant generalisation and sexist to boot.

I had this girlfriend once who was always expecting and accusing me of the worst. In the end I ran a mile because she'd turned into something worse than what she disliked in others who'd treated her badly (even though some of the things she'd only ever read about).

Surely that's a blatant generalisation and sexist to boot.

I had this girlfriend once who was always expecting and accusing me of the worst. In the end I ran a mile because she'd turned into something worse than what she disliked in others who'd treated her badly (even though some of the things she'd only ever read about).

I think it was meant to be tongue in cheek, I know my response was.

I love the man v's woman war that we wage, in fact women aren't from venus, men aren't from mars... we're all from this planet and if we stopped looking for differences we might notice just how similar we all are.

We're all as bad as each other...

... I've probably just been booted out of the sisterhood for that :hihi:

I think it was meant to be tongue in cheek, I know my response was.

I love the man v's woman war that we wage, in fact women aren't from venus, men aren't from mars... we're all from this planet and if we stopped looking for differences we might notice just how similar we all are.

We're all as bad as each other...

... I've probably just been booted out of the sisterhood for that :hihi:

I was brought up with many sisters and even without a father for a while, so i've never seen women as inferior and try to refrain from sexist remarks. Also I generally find that women who do brandish sexist comments are the first to complain about men who do it towards them. Two wrongs don't make right!

I think, in general terms, men and women look for versatile roles in their partners, because each role fulfills a different need at a different time.

Men often want to be unashamedly mothered when they're sick or perhaps down. For example, the female hand stroking the forehead and hearing "shhh" is innately comforting and irresistable to most men.

Women often look for a man who can protect them and make them feel safe/secure. As a result, many women look for men who are either physically or mentally strong, or both.

Emotional deprivation during childhood, either from lack of X or Y figure can cause people to overextend their desire for emotional compensation in adulthood. However, there are interesting cases where women who suffered abuse from their father as a child began fantasising about a dominant male figure in their life post-puberty.

As far as sexuality, many men and women enjoy roleplay surrounding the mother or father figure, which corresponds with the desire for submissive/dominant versatility.

Guys should not be alarmed if, during a heated romp, when completely at ease with one another, their partner looks up at them and asks them to spank them because they've "been a bad girl". Just do it. Be the "daddy". You can feel embarrassed about it later.

I think, in general terms, men and women look for versatile roles in their partners, because each role fulfills a different need at a different time.

Men often want to be unashamedly mothered when they're sick or perhaps down. For example, the female hand stroking the forehead and hearing "shhh" is innately comforting and irresistable to most men.

Women often look for a man who can protect them and make them feel safe/secure. As a result, many women look for men who are either physically or mentally strong, or both.

Emotional deprivation during childhood, either from lack of X or Y figure can cause people to overextend their desire for emotional compensation in adulthood. However, there are interesting cases where women who suffered abuse from their father as a child began fantasising about a dominant male figure in their life post-puberty.

As far as sexuality, many men and women enjoy roleplay surrounding the mother or father figure, which corresponds with the desire for submissive/dominant versatility.

Guys should not be alarmed if, during a heated romp, when completely at ease with one another, their partner looks up at them and asks them to spank them because they've "been a bad girl". Just do it. Be the "daddy". You can feel embarrassed about it later.

I think you've just turned me on...

Not what I meant, but I like it....

PS.Just thought, hope your a women !!!!!!

Edited by grinder

No, I have a lovely relationship with my father and am not looking to replace him with my partner. My partner is just that- my partner in life.

I think that to a certain extent, we all want many of the qualities in a partner that we cherish in a parent, but to say we're all looking for the parental figure is oversimplifying it a bit. It's a little like saying that because I want a small, white car that is low to the ground, what I'm really after is a Westie dog. Sure, they share individual traits, but in entirely different contexts.

And Alien... not all females (of all species; not just human) are interested in breeding. In fact, anthropological and sociological studies of late are showing that procreation has become less of a driving force behind mating habits and rituals. Fascinating stuff, actually.

I think you've just turned me on...

Not what I meant, but I like it....

PS.Just thought, hope your a women !!!!!!

Nope, sorry, I is a man. Look...

Guys should not be alarmed if, during a heated romp, when completely at ease with one another, their partner looks up at them and asks them to spank them because they've "been a bad girl". Just do it.

That's nothing to do with looking for a father figure, that's just foreplay.

I don't know any guy who looks at their partner as a mother figure - obviously a lot of guys want to be cooked for and cleaned up after, but more fool their partner for doing it.

Likewise, I don't know of anyone who considers their partner to be a father figure, the physical and mental protector thing is the way a lot of women like to see all men.

My dad is one of the greatest guys I know.

A big bear of a man who is laid back - dependable, gives great advice and has a look that makes people poo their pants (so he usually gets what he wants without being brutish)

Although I would never go for my actual dad - he has qualities that I would look forin a guy

That's nothing to do with looking for a father figure, that's just foreplay.

I don't know any guy who looks at their partner as a mother figure - obviously a lot of guys want to be cooked for and cleaned up after, but more fool their partner for doing it.

Likewise, I don't know of anyone who considers their partner to be a father figure, the physical and mental protector thing is the way a lot of women like to see all men.

I could add more to that, but family forum and all that.

I will add chaps that "being the Daddy".... major turn off, that's not what spanking is about ;)

I think that to a certain extent, we all want many of the qualities in a partner that we cherish in a parent, but to say we're all looking for the parental figure is oversimplifying it a bit. It's a little like saying that because I want a small, white car that is low to the ground, what I'm really after is a Westie dog. Sure, they share individual traits, but in entirely different contexts.

And Alien... not all females (of all species; not just human) are interested in breeding. In fact, anthropological and sociological studies of late are showing that procreation has become less of a driving force behind mating habits and rituals. Fascinating stuff, actually.

I was reading into the context of the OP. I would think that anyone with children would see "good role model" as advantageous.