Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

I lived at No45, from 1947, joined the Royal Navy in 49, parents moved to London in 53.

Did you know Marie Bowman who lived at No. 70. ?

OLYMPIC TORCH ROUTE!

Will that include The Beagle and Golden Palace.

Why not? Depends who bought The Beagle in the latest auction.

If it's one of the Stantons.....

Did you know Marie Bowman who lived at No. 70. ?

The surname sounds vaguely familiar, the two girls who used to knock about with us were, Elsie Watson & June Cromwell. Nearly all the kids about my age, I was born 1932, used to congregate in the circle at the top end of Masters Rd.

The surname sounds vaguely familiar, the two girls who used to knock about with us were, Elsie Watson & June Cromwell. Nearly all the kids about my age, I was born 1932, used to congregate in the circle at the top end of Masters Rd.

was masters road near the huntsman at the end of deerlands ??? as kids we knocked around the buchanon side of deerlands and the p.x hotel. as was too idle to walk that far,,,the old shops now well gone-mr video-fine fare which became shoppers paradise but the fishing tackle shop was there all the way with the car spare shop till they had to leave due to the demolition-sad times :mad:

Richard, Masters Rd. is parallel to Lindsey Rd at the Barnsley Rd end of Deerlands. It is also behind the old Capital Cinema.

OLYMPIC TORCH ROUTE!

Can I suggest that we all meet at Chaucer Shops about 5 O'Clock? Should be a great day

25 June 2012 17:09

Ecclesfield Ecclesfield Road (A6135) - Right Turn

Ecclesfield Church Street (B6087)

Ecclesfield Church Street (B6087) - Left Turn

Ecclesfield Stocks Hill (B6087)

Ecclesfield Yew Lane (B6087)

25 June 2012 17:25

Parson Cross Yew Lane (B6087) - Veer Left

Parson Cross Chaucer Road (B6087)

Parson Cross Chaucer Road (B6087) To Chaucer Close

It then heads down Halifax towards town

Will try and it work permitting

Richard, Masters Rd. is parallel to Lindsey Rd at the Barnsley Rd end of Deerlands. It is also behind the old Capital Cinema.

Wasn't there a small block of shops, including a chippy? I seem to remember getting a bag o'chips after seeing Clockwork Orange

ahh i remember now.its just up from the old hillards supermarket in barnsley road. the only time i was that end of deerlands was when we was on our bikes back in the early 80's going down the 7 fields from alan ponds garage-having a quick look for the odd chopper or grifter bike dumped in the stream on the way to the end-great times :hihi:

John Mayor is the one in the middle,I believe his mum,Hilda,has recently passed away.

Sorry to hear that

I last met John around 5 years ago the last time I was back in the UK

going down the 7 fields from alan ponds garage-having a quick look for the odd chopper or grifter bike dumped in the stream on

Where the stream went under Barnlsley Rd, next to The Huntsman, you could ride a small bike through it. We you to stop half way for a fag, and watch the earwigs fall down off the roof when a bus went over the top!!

Has anything wonderful happened to Deerlands Mount? I used to live there from around 1963 to 1977. I attended Mansel then went on to Yewlands. Beginning to feel a tad sad at all of this looking back on the past - but it has to be done!

Edited by yewlandsdeb
spelling error

For those who haven't heard..

Jinx is now a grandad!! :headbang:

Well done matey, and best wishes to young Archie