Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

nice one jinks, good look ? me two a grandad best thing that happand

Has anything wonderful happened to Deerlands Mount? I used to live there from around 1963 to 1977. I attended Mansel then went on to Yewlands. Beginning to feel a tad sad at all of this looking back on the past - but it has to be done!

no-deerlands mount has not changed much-it still has the island at the bottom but there has been 2 big house fires on there-do you remember the parkins right at the bottom of the mount to the right-the gas fire exploded one sunday morning and gutted the house out-that was between 1980 to 85 but not sure-i cant remember the name but about 10 years ago there was another fire on there where a chip pan was left on-unfortunatly someone died- i will think of the name but its bugging me now as forgot,,check out my links on the bottom of the page of video's i put on youtube-i took all the pics myself and made the video's-quite sad to see the deminish of buchannon and deerlands ave

no-deerlands mount has not changed much-it still has the island at the bottom but there has been 2 big house fires on there-do you remember the parkins right at the bottom of the mount to the right-the gas fire exploded one sunday morning and gutted the house out-that was between 1980 to 85 but not sure-i cant remember the name but about 10 years ago there was another fire on there where a chip pan was left on-unfortunatly someone died- i will think of the name but its bugging me now as forgot,,check out my links on the bottom of the page of video's i put on youtube-i took all the pics myself and made the video's-quite sad to see the deminish of buchannon and deerlands ave

The familys name was Shepherd. I used to sit next to Michelle at Mansell

these are 2 vids i did-some pics are same and some are different with different soundtrack music

The familys name was Shepherd. I used to sit next to Michelle at Mansell

thanks for that-yes it was the sheperds

my bro went to school with david sheppard-the awful thing about the fire was that they was just celebrating a wedding at the function room on chaucer close and that night the fire happened-as for the fire at the bottom it was andrew parkins grandparents house-he was best mates with my other brother

to metalmickey and savfran ,just seen the thread on p.x.i lived at 18,holgate rd,at that time.nieghbours at 16, were BAGSHAWS, had two girls and a boy,can only remember the older girls name, MAUREEN.at number 20,were burrows,ALAN and MALCOLM.at number 2 was a shy young girl, i think her name was PAT,but not sure. cant recall her surname,unfortunatly,would love to here from her.other names i recall are MARION and EDDIE RICHARDS,the Greenwoods,the HOOLE family by the gennel on holgate ave, the garratys on the ave,a couple of doors up from HOLGATE on the right.did either of you know a MAUREEN SMITH,lived close to GARRATYS,and married a GEORGE TAYLOR. she was my wifes maid of honour,but we lost touch after they moved to OXFORDSHIRE,and we moved to CANADA.we did hear that they had split up and that she had move back around HOLGATE somewhere. any news of any one or anything appreciated.bye for now.eightlegger.(ARTHUR)

hi eightlegger my mum lived in sheffield called maureen and my dad called george but my mums name was taylor they moved to oxford n split up n my mum moved back to holgate road in 1977 with her children dont know if its same person but she had a friend in canada too

Hi kellylou,great to hear from you.(JUST IN TIME)as my wife Jaqueline& i will be leaving for England on wed.18th april,& will be in sheffield on 22nd.Would love to surprise your mum,what do you think?.Last saw you all in Carterton,you were just kids then.Let me know how i can get in touch with you A.S.A.P. I was eightlegger but now i'm cydesdale(long story) My e-mail is sooty @telus.net.

Hi kellylou,

Would love to surprise your mum,

Let us know how it went!!

anybody remember the kemps from parson cross?

Hi Kazwazza I know a Roger Kemp.

Hi Kazwazza I know a Roger Kemp.

when he was young or do you know him now? If you know him now is it the same one thats married to julie and has 2 sons?