Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Agreed though that Parson Cross did start life as a very small area "on'tuther side o' Halifax Rooad." Long ago, that area also contained a cricket ground.

I would still like to try and find the origin of the name "Parson Cross"

Maybe David Hey (formerly a teacher at Colley and now a professor of local history at Sheff Uni) knows?

I'm new to the Sheffield forum and join as someone asked for some information on my father in law KEITH GRANTHAM unfortunately I don't know how to add my post to the relavent people xx so hopefully they will see this message

:) Keith Grantham Sheffield

Didn't it turn out to be his son? (maybe your husband) I think he was trying to find things about him what his Dad hadn't revealed. :hihi:

I knew your Father-in-Law he went to my in-laws a lot, he was very handsome in his young days and a perfect gentleman. If you see him ask him if he remembers playing cards with a young woman on Colley Ave. :)

Didn't it turn out to be his son? (maybe your husband) I think he was trying to find things about him what his Dad hadn't revealed. :hihi:

I knew your Father-in-Law he went to my in-laws a lot, he was very handsome in his young days and a perfect gentleman. If you see him ask him if he remembers playing cards with a young woman on Colley Ave. :)

Hi unfortunately he passes away I'm June 2009 :( xx my husband says its defo him. X

No it wasn't my husband asking about him.wonder who it was ?? X

No it wasn't my husband asking about him.wonder who it was ?? X

Sorry to hear he passed away, does your husband have a brother? when you have 5 posts you can pm me if you wish. :)

Sorry to hear he passed away, does your husband have a brother? when you have 5 posts you can pm me if you wish. :)

Yes he has 2 brothers ( jason and Darren ) I'm new to this and don't know how to pm lol x

Tony, you got post number 2000! (Top right corner of each comment) Not a competition, just a little bit of fun.

:razz:

oh i was waiting for a prize. have not been keeping in touch as ive been looking after my girl who is still recovering at home thank god.

oh i was waiting for a prize. have not been keeping in touch as ive been looking after my girl who is still recovering at home thank god.

Great news Tony. Hope she recuperates nicely. Might bump into you in Xtal Peakes.

:)

:) Keith Grantham Sheffield
i knew keith (grunter) grantham very well along with his 2 eldest sons, jason & mark. keith was a great bloke & a very good grafter

For Sale by Auction Tuesday 27th March 2012 at 11:00am :

The Beagle, Knutton Crescent, Sheffield S5 9NW

Guide Price: Withdrawn Prior to Auction.