Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

-----------

There were paper- cardboard boxes in street, exercise books on floor

and felt tip pens, fag packets all over and other trash.

They'll be frying eggs in st next, the area wants a compulsory order

and rip em down. :gag:

theres that many religeons and races in s4 these days they will clash ! causing trouble for each other .then destroy themselves!!!:hihi:

:rant:Hinde House Lane had many good friends around that area in the 70s would not even visit or drive through these days its a Ghetto and wants destroying :rant:

I was born at 97 Hinde House Lane in 1944 & lived there until 1968 when I was married. Mum & dad lived there until mum died in 1993. You are right - it' so sad to see how it is now. Mum did not enjoy living there either after dad died in 1987 - some aspects frightened her & her neighbour Jean at 99.

theres that many religeons and races in s4 these days they will clash ! causing trouble for each other .then destroy themselves!!!:hihi:

------------------

I did need to mention and although i do like curtain curries i didn't

expect taking the smell home with me.

Edited by brian1941
spelling

I think thats enough said about that area its a Grimesthorpe thread and the talk really ought to be on the page hall thread!

Does any one have any definitive maps of what is actually in Grimesthorpe, has it changed over the last 100 years

Does any one have any definitive maps of what is actually in Grimesthorpe, has it changed over the last 100 years

Try google ............x

This may help

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=maps+of+grimesthorpe&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=HORDUp7nI4SAhAfMn4DYDg&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1364&bih=722&dpr=1

I think thats enough said about that area its a Grimesthorpe thread and the talk really ought to be on the page hall thread!

Sorry you think my post re Hinde House Lane isn't relevent to this thread. In fact I am a Grimesthorpian through & through. Went to Grimesthorpe school, spent 35 years attending Reform Chapel & BB & being involved with the Crossey's & other folk at St Thomas BB until my job moved me from Sheffield. My mum, uncle & grandparents lived on Rothay Rd from 1923 until grandparents & Uncle had died in the 1990's.

It had never occurred to me that anyone would consider Hinde House Lane people as not relevent to Grimesthorpe as its the people who make an area not precisely where they live so I think we should be careful not to be too parochial. If we do we risk excluding many who have wonderful memories of Grimesthorpe & the surrounding area!

Sorry if me calling it cop shop instead of police box confused you owd uns i'm talking police box outside grimesthorpe club.:hihi:

Brian I saw Irvin Norrie at Les's funeral today his brother that was murdered was called Raymond,and Steve Taffinder mentioned the clock straight away.

-------------------------

Hi Sheila, A bit late on this but you said you saw Irvin Norrie, did

you ask him if he was a twin as i thought he was.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 15:24 ----------

Ahh.. the price of multicultural Sheffield....The City of Sanctuary????

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 15:31 ----------

Ahh.. the price of multicultural Sheffield....The City of Sanctuary????

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Upwellst-2-2013_zpsfcbb4d35.jpg

Hi George, Sometime ago i put this picture on thread about tram/

shop on upwell street, look at next picture regarding the steps. Brian.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 15:40 ----------

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Upwellst-2-2013_zpsfcbb4d35.jpg

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Oldstepsgrimey_zps76f5f9a9.jpg

Hi George, The bricked up wall was where the steps was,

Just for a bit of fun how many steps do you think they were to

the top. :hihi::hihi:

Edited by brian1941

Sorry you think my post re Hinde House Lane isn't relevent to this thread. In fact I am a Grimesthorpian through & through. Went to Grimesthorpe school, spent 35 years attending Reform Chapel & BB & being involved with the Crossey's & other folk at St Thomas BB until my job moved me from Sheffield. My mum, uncle & grandparents lived on Rothay Rd from 1923 until grandparents & Uncle had died in the 1990's.

It had never occurred to me that anyone would consider Hinde House Lane people as not relevent to Grimesthorpe as its the people who make an area not precisely where they live so I think we should be careful not to be too parochial. If we do we risk excluding many who have wonderful memories of Grimesthorpe & the surrounding area!

I bought a house just up from you on the same side I lived near the wrights I had family amd loads of friends round there .........x

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 15:56 ----------

A lot of the people who lived in grimesthorpe migrated to pagehall ,firth park and firvale so it is relevant to the thread ..........x

Edited by sand_dollars

I had friends who moved from Grimesthorpe rd to Owler lane on Wade st,

they loved it on there, i use to go drinking with them in firth park hotel,

and my sister held a party there upstairs to.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 15:40 ----------

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Oldstepsgrimey_zps76f5f9a9.jpg

Hi George, The bricked up wall was where the steps was,

Just for a bit of fun how many steps do you think they were to

the top. :hihi::hihi:

Yes I did brian,and no he's not a twin.

I had friends who moved from Grimesthorpe rd to Owler lane on Wade st,

they loved it on there, i use to go drinking with them in firth park hotel,

and my sister held a party there upstairs to.

Had few friends and reletives on wade street and Lloyd street so know the area well