Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi john do you remember wendy Holt of Willoughby street

Hi Sand-dollars, Sorry I don't remember Wendy Holt of Willoughby St but have to admit my memory isn't as great as I would like! Virtually everyone I remember either went to Reform Chapel, 53rd BB, Grimesthorpe or Hinde House schools.

In case you wonder , after Grimesthorpe my mum & dad found that Hinde Houseschool was being built & if I went to Hucklow rather than Owler Lane I would move up to Hinde House the following year. I did & it was a great move loving my time at Hinde House & it was a good school too.

I lived on Botham St, went to Grimesthorpe School and Owler Lane School, there was definitely a horse trough behind the police box.

Hi Fleetwood should I know you,as I lived on the middle section of Botham St,opposite side to Gloages, Hanwells, & Froggets. Jean J

Hi Jean J - I lived on the top section of Botham St in the top yard on the right hand looking down the hill, other people in the yard were Wallshaws, Standages and Johnny Butler, I don't believe you would know the others because they didn't have young children. I will try and send you a PM.

Hi Jean J - I lived on the top section of Botham St in the top yard on the right hand looking down the hill, other people in the yard were Wallshaws, Standages and Johnny Butler, I don't believe you would know the others because they didn't have young children. I will try and send you a PM.

---------

Hiya Fleetwood, Do you remember the Alan Hows and he had a

brother, the Hows family lived at last house just up from wallshaws

befor you turned into the yard. :)

---------

Hiya Fleetwood, Do you remember the Alan Hows and he had a

brother, the Hows family lived at last house just up from wallshaws

befor you turned into the yard. :)

Hi 'brian1941' - I don't remember the family you mention, may have been after I left there.

Hi hehe, its 19 miles over the moors or on the coast road. I travel it every other Sunday afternoon as I sing in a choir there & originally went to the dentist ( a work colleagues wife) there as we couldn't get one in Guisborough. Its always very busy throughout the year but a really nice place. The North Yorks Moors Railway now goes there as well as Northern Rail from Middlesbrough.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/BoysBrigade-reformChaple_zps926fd799.jpg

Hi Johnpm, Enclose picture of lads in sheffield boys brigade

from Reform chaple, it was in sheffield star Retro. 24th sept2013.

I was in the brigade at same place you might see someone you know,

i did pick Graham wells on back row secone from left and Ian Raynolds

back row 6th on, he his bent farward.

Also i think Les Cuthbeths on end.

---------- Post added 01-10-2013 at 19:41 ----------

Hi 'brian1941' - I don't remember the family you mention, may have been after I left there.

Hi Fleetwood, So when did you move other side of world then,

where did you do your drinking in Grimesthorpe. :thumbsup: Brian.

Edited by brian1941
wording

To brian1941 and johnpm - What year might that Boys Brigade picture have been taken, as I played Bugle in the 53rd.

To brian1941 and johnpm - What year might that Boys Brigade picture have been taken, as I played Bugle in the 53rd.

Hi Brian1941 & fleetwood, This photo is a real poser! I think it might be Geoff Cottam on left of front row . I am not sure about Ian Reynolds - he may be to the right behind the bass drum. You are right re Graham Wells. Not certain but it may be Leonard Foster 3rd from left on front. I don't recognise officer top left (although he looks slightly familier) & the man 4th from left on back as well as a number of the boys, so I think it might have been some joint occasion say camp or 4th District band (shame there is no background to show where it was taken). If I am right about Ian Reynolds I think the photo must be 1955 just before I left Life Boys as I am not on it. Its a shame Ian & Les are not still with us to tell us what it is.

Any chance of contacting The Star to make contact with person who sent it to them as hopefully they would know?

Cheers, John

Hi john do you remember wendy Holt of Willoughby street

AH and the sister Dawn!

AH and the sister Dawn!

Yes actually .........x I remember Josie Herbert living on robey street she ended up on hinde house lane she was still there when I left...............x

Edited by sand_dollars

Hi Brian1941 & fleetwood, This photo is a real poser! I think it might be Geoff Cottam on left of front row . I am not sure about Ian Reynolds - he may be to the right behind the bass drum. You are right re Graham Wells. Not certain but it may be Leonard Foster 3rd from left on front. I don't recognise officer top left (although he looks slightly familier) & the man 4th from left on back as well as a number of the boys, so I think it might have been some joint occasion say camp or 4th District band (shame there is no background to show where it was taken). If I am right about Ian Reynolds I think the photo must be 1955 just before I left Life Boys as I am not on it. Its a shame Ian & Les are not still with us to tell us what it is.

Any chance of contacting The Star to make contact with person who sent it to them as hopefully they would know?

Cheers, John

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/BoysBrigade026_zps27c98e2c.jpg

Hi Johnpm, Enclose you picture of boys reserves this one is

in 7th sept retro - carver st.

The first one i sent you was in 24th sept, i changed it in my thread.

---------

Sending you a PM with some details regards pictures. Brian.

Yes actually .........x I remember Josie Herbert living on robey street she ended up on hinde house lane she was still there when I left..........

You lived on Hinde House Lane?

Left hand side going up opposite those houses that stand back?

I've seen you round Woodhouse!

Edited by esme
Quote tags