Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

hi all

roys funeral is on march 27th at 11-45 at city road

hope everyone s keeping warm we now belong to the old people

I never lost a day off school or work in my 27 years living in Sheffield because of the weather, it was common to see the snow knee high most Winters, especially in the areas where I grew up, as they were on top of the hills, but it was still all systems go.

I well remember grabbing peoples dust bins and tipping the rubbish etc under the bus wheels to help keep traction, but everything seems to come to a standstill nowadays,why ?

I remember the Winters of old when we had to have a heated housebrick or oven plate wrapped in a towel, plus an old army greatcoat thrown on the bed for extra warmth, and we survived, man up lads and get some pobs into thi.

Hi all, I don't know if anyone turned up last night at the Ball, I certainly wasn't going to venture out into the blizzard that was on last night, so I was thinking, how about re-arranging for another Friday night soon?

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 12:17 ----------

Hi skippy, we've turned into a nation of wimps(me included). I think what it is, is don't go out unless you have too. Like you said the buses very rarely stopped running, which kept the roads clear, now, a slight covering and the buses are taken off, schools close and staff are sent home. ....what's it coming too?

I remember the Winters of old when we had to have a heated housebrick or oven plate wrapped in a towel, plus an old army greatcoat thrown on the bed for extra warmth, and we survived, man up lads and get some pobs into thi.

Still love mi pobs skippy, but things are that bad 'ere av 'ad to take bones outen mi shirt collar to mek some soup to dip mi pobs in!

Bones in your collar, I used matchsticks, ha ha, this is a picture of an extreme winter here, which we get once every 12 years, but it only lasts a couple of hours.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/skippy_63/Us018_zps0f26c487.jpg

To be quite honest, I don't think I could live in your environment anymore, as we spend more time outdoors than in.

---------- Post added 24-03-2013 at 20:02 ----------

Probably the illegals are coming to fill the jobs that the locals won't do anymore, ha ha, all the best mate, and keep thi sen rugged up.

Edited by skippy

Too true Terry. Just had a look outside and think we made the right decision.

Now, I'm off to fill 'ot watter bottle and get me mug 'o coco.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/rh200/P1000064_zps72ef2eb3.jpg

----------------

Hi Ralph, The picture, is that your abode it looks a place.

Would they be your foot prints in the snow, would it be that

you were off to the ball but had other ideas so you doubled back.

Hi all, I don't know if anyone turned up last night at the Ball, I certainly wasn't going to venture out into the blizzard that was on last night, so I was thinking, how about re-arranging for another Friday night soon?

---------- Post added 23-03-2013 at 12:17 ----------

Hi skippy, we've turned into a nation of wimps(me included). I think what it is, is don't go out unless you have too. Like you said the buses very rarely stopped running, which kept the roads clear, now, a slight covering and the buses are taken off, schools close and staff are sent home. ....what's it coming too?

George the photo in the star with the kids playing,where was it?

George the photo in the star with the kids playing,where was it?

Outside Tophams shop Grimesthorpe???

Is there anybody left who didn't come from Grimesthorpe. Oh yes, I forgot. I didn't and am eternally grateful for the fact.

Is there anybody left who didn't come from Grimesthorpe. Oh yes, I forgot. I didn't and am eternally grateful for the fact.

I didn't come from there either Buck, I married a girl from there and lived there for a few months, people with brains don't judge a place because of where it is situated, they judge it by the people that live there, and I've met no finer people than the ones I've met and have come to know well from that area, always ready to lend a hand, and very friendly too.

He's glad that he's not from Grimey

The folk from there said cor blimey!

this guy got some pluck

but we don't give a Buck, the right to pull down us Limeys

Love where I'm at but fond memories of home.