Wednesday's attendance vs Barnsley

AltyOwl

Mate look at the attendances at the start of the season,free tickets or not 25 odd thousand is still a bloody good gate,the board is trying to get more behind us and are doing a bloody good job so far,it beats the 15,16 thousand we have had at some games this season

I understand that. But this is a local derby, (ok most Wednesdayites aren't bothered about Barnsley) and usually attracts a bigger crowd - without free tickets

Im afraid its time to face the fact that you havn't got 28,29 or 30k supporters willing to turn upto the games anymore.

The previous boards broken promises and mismanagement will live long in the memory of thousands of fans and a few press releases by the new board isn't going to change that in the short term.

SHOCKING!! 25k. We had 2k free tickets for schools and all under 16's free with a paying adult. I'm sorry but that is bloody awful

Where has our support gone??

1. Recession

2. Midweek fixture

3. People still recovering from Christmas

4. Towards the end of the month

5. Not exactly like watching Brazil

All in all I think the attendance was OK

25,000 lol. 4,000 dingles, 2,000 free school kids, every worker at childrens hospital got 2 free tkts each. every kid under 16 in free. so about 18,000 paying pigs for a derby. very poor.

i wouldnt call 25,000 for a midweek game on a cold winters night poor.

Come on Owls,

The original poster has a very good point.

Don't start making excuses that it was cold, that it was on a Tuesday etc.

The fact is, it WAS a poor attendance considering the amount of tickets that will have been given away, 2,000 to schools, possibly another 1,000 for free child going with ma and pa, 4,000 Barnsley people - and another 500 for workers at SCH.

This isn't the biggest game of the season, but it is still a biggish game as it is always nice to beat them from Barnsley.

If United only mustered that attendance with all the tickets being given away etc, I'd be extremely disappointed.