Jade Goody 'Just months to live'

shaznay

Jade choosing to live out her final months in public, is a good thing in my opinion. She will leave a substantial amount of money behind, for her sons. Also this will have pushed hundreds if not thousands of women, in to going for a cervical smear test. My sister is one of them and has just completed treatment for pre cancerous cells.

A few years ago Coranation street had a storyline, where the character Alma died of the said cancer. I was overdue my smear, so got it done. the results were abnomal and I too had treatment to remove pre cancerous cells. i now have to go every 12 mths.

Gosh, I forgot about that whole Corrie storyline, but now you mention it, remember it well. That out the fear of god into me although I had recently had a normal smear, but it was still scary.

I know a lot of women who've had treatment for pre-cancerous cells and tumours, most of whom woul not be alive today if it were not for the cervical screening programme. Apparently, the take up of smears has increased by 20% which can only be a good thing.

Maybe one day, when her kids are much older, they wil draw some comfort from all her interviews and talk about her love of her boys.

I was so sad to hear about Jade on the news over the weekend. I cant begin to understand what she must be going through and the fact that she will never see her kids grow up. She is only 27 and has been given a death sentence which must be absolutely devastating to the core. I can only assume that the cervical cancer she was diagnosed with was diagnosed far too late, maybe through not going for smear tests or it just wasnt picked up, whatever the reason, girls we must go for our smear tests however uncomfortable, painful or embarrassing they may be we must have them.

Never met her, dont care a jot about her or her family, dont want to read anymore bleeding heart crap about, as someone else called her, a z list personality. The country is going to rack and ruin the underprivaliged are even more so we have families with their heads well and truly under the poverty line through no fault of their own and all you bleeding heart (jump on the pity bandwagon) posters can get het up about is some ugly minger that has contracted a disease that tens of thousands catch every year... Put your sorrow and concern in the charity tins for those that really need the help and attention... Jade Goody certianly doesnt need nor deserve it.... :rant::mad:

I think this post says far more about you than it does about Jade Goody. Was that your intention?

I think this post says far more about you than it does about Jade Goody. Was that your intention?

Who knows? :rolleyes:

It must give her and her family some comfort to know that people are sympathetic about her situation. I know from what Gloria Hunniford has said about her daughter, Caron Keating's death, that she drew enormous strength from the sadness expressed by the public who grew up with Caron Keating presenting Blue Peter. Family members of other celebtiries who have died have also said it helped them in their bleakest and darkest moments and I know how much comfort people say a sympathy card can bring.

I'm rubbish with the searches but when I start writing a new topic/thread it brings up any related topics which I think is much better.

So is it true that the Harrods guy bought her a dress and she is getting married in one of Elton John's houses?

:confused:

Are you on the right thread? I have no idea of the details.

aaawww poor Jade, I watched her show last night and its so sad, poor her poor Jades mum and kids. I can understand why she would want to get married before the end. Ive know folk get married when one partner is days from the end and it made both of them so happy even if only for a short while for one of them, so go for it girl!

Such a terrible disease robbing folk of their loved ones so young.

To those people who see no tragedy in Jade's situation, well, I think that says far more about you than you think.

So, tapping a few words about what compassion you feel at the demise of a celebrity you don't even know is the ultimate proof of the love you radiate towards all human kind? And when you write your harsh judgements about the characters of others who take a cynical view of the whole media circus aspect to this great outpouring of public sympathy, you no doubt condemn them with the greatest loving kindness too. Oh, if only my hard heart could be so pure and loving.