Jade Goody 'Just months to live'

shaznay

This is such sad news. I can't stop thinking about it. The rate at which she has deteriorated is shocking.

The reason she is doing interviews etc, is to earn money for her children.

I hope the days she has left are as happy and pain free as they can be.

My thoughts are with her.

I agree with what you say and I too feel so sorry for her and her children who will be left without a mother and nobody else stable to bring them up, but surely instead of doing interviews, TV programmes and shopping for wedding dresses and planning a wedding she should be spending as much quality time as she possibly can with those children.

I agree with what you say and I too feel so sorry for her and her children who will be left without a mother and nobody else stable to bring them up, but surely instead of doing interviews, TV programmes and shopping for wedding dresses and planning a wedding she should be spending as much quality time as she possibly can with those children.

I thought how nice till i saw the knife go in amazing ,she is thinking of her kids and if this is what she does to secure her kids future who are you or I to question her...............

You must have some human qualities, you were bleating about giving your old clothes to the homeless not long ago. Do you feel any sympathy for those lot of jobless druggy wasters :rolleyes:

Thanks for proving my point you two. Despite my many 'human qualities' I see no need to get hysterical about a z list celebritiy who I dont even know. You obviously do but then each to their own. Good day sir :)

As with anyone who has cancer or any other terminal disease, whatever their age - it's very very sad. The thought of having to leave my little boy is beyond words, i cannot even begin to imagine what she must be going through. I really hope Jade's last months are as painfree as possible and she gets to spend as much time with her little boys as she can

But that is how she has live her entire adult life so she is trying to continue in the same vein and business as usual. It probably distracts her, stops her focusing on her imminent demise and wallowing in self-pity, the same way as someone would continue to do their day job for as long as possible as I assume it must give her a sense of purpose and some semblance of normality, keeping her sanity in check.

As with anyone who has cancer or any other terminal disease, whatever their age - it's very very sad. The thought of having to leave my little boy is beyond words, i cannot even begin to imagine what she must be going through. I really hope Jade's last months are as painfree as possible and she gets to spend as much time with her little boys as she can

I think this may be at the crux of the polarised reactions; I suspect that those of us with children are feeling more empathy for her than those who don't have any. As a parent, one of your greatest fears is not being around for your kids.

I don't see anyone getting hysterical about the fate of Jade Goody.

I see plenty of compassion, thank goodness.

Yes there are many children left mother/fatherless each day and those cases are equally as tragic as Jade's. However, as we don't get to hear about them we can't comment on them.

To those people who see no tragedy in Jade's situation, well, I think that says far more about you than you think.

I think this may be at the crux of the polarised reactions; I suspect that those of us with children are feeling more empathy for her than those who don't have any. As a parent, one of your greatest fears is not being around for your kids.

I think you're right.

Not being there for my kids when I was diagnosed with cancer was the thing that terrified me the most.

However, even to those who have no kids, surely it doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to imagine the devastation a four year old and five year old will feel at the death of their mother?

I think you're right.

Not being there for my kids when I was diagnosed with cancer was the thing that terrified me the most.

However, even to those who have no kids, surely it doesn't take a huge leap of imagination to imagine the devastation a four year old and five year old will feel at the death of their mother?

I can imagine (and sorry to hear about your experience), it is a truly terrifying prospect, not only to not be there for them, to love, nurture and bring them up (as most parents, if like me, think they are the best person to bring up their kids), but to also be confronted with the prospect (or in Jade's case, the knowledge) that the years ahead of them will be missed out on. I once convinced myself I had lymphoma (which I didn't) and got hysterical at the prospect of not being there for them and that even if my husband went onto have another relationship, it would be with someone who could not possibly love them in the way in which I, as their mother, do.

Thanks for proving my point you two. Despite my many 'human qualities' I see no need to get hysterical about a z list celebritiy who I dont even know. You obviously do but then each to their own. Good day sir :)

I havent seen anyone get hysterical...just folks expressing their sadness thats all, whats so wrong about that ?:rolleyes: