Jade Goody 'Just months to live'

shaznay

So, tapping a few words about what compassion you feel at the demise of a celebrity you don't even know is the ultimate proof of the love you radiate towards all human kind? And when you write your harsh judgements about the characters of others who take a cynical view of the whole media circus aspect to this great outpouring of public sympathy, you no doubt condemn them with the greatest loving kindness too. Oh, if only my hard heart could be so pure and loving.

and repeating what others have already said make you wise and intelligent does it?

Why is a thread about someone dying of cancer been put in the entertainment bit?

Seems like a very sick joke to me.

Because she is a figure known solely through being in the entertainment industry. All threads relating to such people are put in here. If anyone has any further queries or complaints on it's location, please refer them to the Help Desk.

Because she is a figure known solely through being in the entertainment industry. All threads relating to such people are put in here. If anyone has any further queries or complaints on it's location, please refer them to the Help Desk.

Thankyou for your explanaition

and repeating what others have already said make you wise and intelligent does it?

I'm not claiming to be wise and intelligent. If I've repeated something someone else said I did it unknowingly, and it indicates that there's truth in it. I'd be interested to read this post I've repeated. Where is it?

So, tapping a few words about what compassion you feel at the demise of a celebrity you don't even know is the ultimate proof of the love you radiate towards all human kind? ...

Gold star for outrageous sarcasm :hihi: . I'll assume your question is rhetorical and move on.

In reference to Bagger's post: of course you're judged by what you post on here. If you post that you believe that Jade's cancer is due to karmic intervention, or that you demand proof of her cancer other than the words of her representatives and a bald head, then someone will extract a little snippet of your character based on what your words betray.

It's those words which have provoked the over-the-top emotion on this thread, as well as the belittling sarcasm generated in response to that emotion. There's been no wailing, bawling, Diana-esque faux grief at Jade's predicament, only shocked amazement that a story about someone dying of cancer could prompt such provocative insensitivity. Without those posts, this thread - and the two deleted ones - would have trundled along quite nicely for a few pages, composed of posts expressing a few kind words of sympathy at another's pitiful state.

Edited by Guest
clarity. And a bit more.

Gold star for outrageous sarcasm :hihi: . I'll assume your question is rhetorical and move on.

In reference to Bagger's post: of course you're judged by what you post on here. If you post that you believe that Jade's cancer is due to karmic intervention, or that you demand proof of her cancer other than the words of her representatives and a bald head, then someone will extract a little snippet of your character based on what your words betray.

It's those words which have provoked the over-the-top emotion on this thread, as well as the belittling sarcasm generated in response to that emotion. There's been no wailing, bawling, Diana-esque faux grief at Jade's predicament, only shocked amazement that a story about someone dying of cancer could prompt such provocative insensitivity. Without those posts, this thread - and the two deleted ones - would have trundled along quite nicely for a few pages, composed of posts expressing a few kind words of sympathy at another's pitiful state.

Exactly, a few people made tasteless comments designed to provoke, and that has now become the excuse to paint a picture of anyone who has anything to say about this other than expressions of condolence (remember, it's an internet thread discussion, not a joint card we are composing to send to the family) is painted as some kind of moral leper.

I have been accused of being inhuman and all sorts on this thread because I have said that I dont feel sad about Jade. I think its terrible that her sons will grow up without a mother, but in my heart I dont feel any pain for her.

I never said she was faking it or that it was karma but I'm still being told that I have no feelings and I'm scum and worth ignoring. Thats the hysteria I'm talking about!

Exactly, a few people made tasteless comments designed to provoke...

Designed to provoke? Of course the forum is stuffed with duplicate and reincarnated IDs, most of whom post with aim of winding folk up. Do you think all the provocative views expressed on here have been the result of an elaborate troll-fest? I think those who've returned to support and expand upon their views have mostly been sincere in their views.

...and that has now become the excuse to paint a picture of anyone who has anything to say about this other than expressions of condolence (remember, it's an internet thread discussion, not a joint card we are composing to send to the family) is painted as some kind of moral leper.

I think the view on most threads where the original intention is to express support, sympathy and empathy is that if you have nothing positive to contribute, then stay away from the thread.

Perhaps the less sympathetic views might have been better received, or at least discussed in a less emotional context, if the threads on which they were expressed were intended as discussions. Expressed on intentionally supportive threads, those views appear overly harsh, starkly out of place, and profoundly insensitive.

I have been accused of being inhuman and all sorts on this thread because I have said that I dont feel sad about Jade. I think its terrible that her sons will grow up without a mother, but in my heart I dont feel any pain for her.

!

The fact that people even have to justify and explain their feelings or face judgement and condemnation, is proof that there very much is an element of self righteous hysteria on this thread.