Jade Goody 'Just months to live'

shaznay

Never met her, dont care a jot about her or her family, dont want to read anymore bleeding heart crap about, as someone else called her, a z list personality. The country is going to rack and ruin the underprivaliged are even more so we have families with their heads well and truly under the poverty line through no fault of their own and all you bleeding heart (jump on the pity bandwagon) posters can get het up about is some ugly minger that has contracted a disease that tens of thousands catch every year... Put your sorrow and concern in the charity tins for those that really need the help and attention... Jade Goody certianly doesnt need nor deserve it.... :rant::mad:

I don't see anyone getting hysterical about the fate of Jade Goody.

I see plenty of compassion, thank goodness.

Yes there are many children left mother/fatherless each day and those cases are equally as tragic as Jade's. However, as we don't get to hear about them we can't comment on them.

To those people who see no tragedy in Jade's situation, well, I think that says far more about you than you think.

I agree with all of the above. I haven't seen any hysteria, this colleague of kthebean's admittedly is a bit of an over the top reaction but perhaps she feels guilty for having totally slagged off Jade, not that long ago, something we're most probably all guilty of, me included. However, as I have pointed out numerous times, I don't see the 2 (not liking someone) and feeling compassion and sympathy when they're told they're dying, as mutually exclusive.

Edited by Suffragette1

I can imagine (and sorry to hear about your experience), it is a truly terrifying prospect, not only to not be there for them, to love, nurture and bring them up (as most parents, if like me, think they are the best person to bring up their kids), but to also be confronted with the prospect (or in Jade's case, the knowledge) that the years ahead of them will be missed out on. I once convinced myself I had lymphoma (which I didn't) and got hysterical at the prospect of not being there for them and that even if my husband went onto have another relationship, it would be with someone who could not possibly love them in the way in which I, as their mother, do.

I had only 24 hours where I thought my cancer had become terminal and in that time I could hardly bring myself to look at my daughter who was only 2 and a half. The thought that I would not be there for her was unbearable and there was no escaping those thoughts.

The terror, despair and grief is almost disabling.

How someone, like Jade, feels when they ARE facing that as their reality breaks my heart.

I was very lucky, I'm ok now but Jade's situation brings it home for a lot of people that there but for the grace of God go all of us.

Never met her, dont care a jot about her or her family, dont want to read anymore bleeding heart crap about, as someone else called her, a z list personality. The country is going to rack and ruin the underprivaliged are even more so we have families with their heads well and truly under the poverty line through no fault of their own and all you bleeding heart (jump on the pity bandwagon) posters can get het up about is some ugly minger that has contracted a disease that tens of thousands catch every year... Put your sorrow and concern in the charity tins for those that really need the help and attention... Jade Goody certianly doesnt need nor deserve it.... :rant::mad:

What relevance do her physical attributes have to whether or not she is deserving or not? And how do you know that we don't donate money to various charities? I try and do my bit and raise money for cancer research, I frequently shop in charity shops and donate when I can.

If it bugs you so much, then don't read about it.:rolleyes:

Edited by Suffragette1

On the contrary, I'm heartened to hear so many people responding compassionately to this tragedy.

You are in the minority, thank goodness. Keep your hate and venom to yourself, it is not welcome here.

I had only 24 hours where I thought my cancer had become terminal and in that time I could hardly bring myself to look at my daughter who was only 2 and a half. The thought that I would not be there for her was unbearable and there was no escaping those thoughts.

The terror, despair and grief is almost disabling.

How someone, like Jade, feels when they ARE facing that as their reality breaks my heart.

I was very lucky, I'm ok now but Jade's situation brings it home for a lot of people that there but for the grace of God go all of us.

You poor thing, thankfully, yours has been a positive outcome. As you say, there but for the grace of god, it could be any one of us, none of us know if and when cancer will come knocking at our doors.

I know of a few women who've died young from cancer and it is truly tragic when it happens to anyone and desperately sad when children are left behind.

I agree with what you say and I too feel so sorry for her and her children who will be left without a mother and nobody else stable to bring them up, but surely instead of doing interviews, TV programmes and shopping for wedding dresses and planning a wedding she should be spending as much quality time as she possibly can with those children.

Do you get up each morning fit ,well .Do you have kids ?grand kids sister,mother ......can you imagine being told you have months to live ,and wont see your kids grow up,obviously not ,I`m not even going to get angry with you, I actually pity you as it seems you don`t have the compassion you say you have ,maybe you do have it ,but for those that you think deserve it ,if i was you hang on to it ,as it will keep you warm when all around you have left you to yourself.

The reality of cancer it is a painful and soul destroying thing.................Cancer doesn`t just affect the person with it

Edited by Temptressuk

If people are genuinely compassionate, they demonstrate it to those they come into contact with in real life, rather than screaming about how sympathetic and kind hearted they are on an internet forum, and immediately proving it's not true by spewing vitriol on anyone they feel has not adopted the right attitude (theirs).

The genuinely compassionate people who I know demonstrate it by trying to understand others rather than passing harsh judgements on them with the scantest of evidence.

Words are cheap, and actions speak louder than words. eg.

A person on here who campaigns for cancer sufferers, seems to be getting a lot of stick off those who think they have proved how good they are, just by typing out a few hollow words and then using these false declarations of their own compassion as an excuse to condemn others who's opinions they do not understand. To me that smacks of narrow mindedness, which is pretty much the opposite of compassion.

Edited by donkey

Jade choosing to live out her final months in public, is a good thing in my opinion. She will leave a substantial amount of money behind, for her sons. Also this will have pushed hundreds if not thousands of women, in to going for a cervical smear test. My sister is one of them and has just completed treatment for pre cancerous cells.

A few years ago Coranation street had a storyline, where the character Alma died of the said cancer. I was overdue my smear, so got it done. the results were abnomal and I too had treatment to remove pre cancerous cells. i now have to go every 12 mths.