Haunted Hospitals

Not while in hospital, but I always found King Edwards Hospital at Rivelin very spooky - My nan was in there in the '80's and I used to visit with my Dad. It was a very old building with the victorian style tiled/arched corridors. Never saw anything, but it felt very eerie. Lodge Moor Hospital was the same.

The old Vickers wards at the NGH (almost demolished) have many ghost stories attached to them. Having 'learned the job' on those old wards and worked many years on the night shift on most of them - there are many 'stories' to be told.

The old Vickers wards at the NGH (almost demolished) have many ghost stories attached to them. Having 'learned the job' on those old wards and worked many years on the night shift on most of them - there are many 'stories' to be told.

Give us a story then?!

I have been told that the vickers wards at ngh are haunted also the clock tower is haunted. At nights sometimes you can hear what sounds like children running around in the middle of the night

This is one I got told about the Vickers Corrider. The cardiac arrest call had been called over the bleep system. A young doctor was rushing down the corrider and met an old woman there who wanted his help. He said that he couldn't as going to the arrest. When he arrived on the ward-it was that old woman in the corrider that they was working on. Dunno how true or not, but when doing transfers down that corrider at some ungodly hour in the morning-it was rather spooky down there.

MAU1 (old huntsman1) is supposdly haunted too, as one of the bays was used as a morgue for the Hillsborough disater (or so Ive got told).

Spooky Yeh! I was in hospital last week and was awoken half way through the night by the old woman in the next bay trying to get in bed with me, after seeing her off that time, she tried a further three times, then took to reading my notes, throwing them on the floor and accusing them of buzzing. She eventually gave up and went in to the empty bed next to me and was ushered out 10 minutes later by the staff bringing on the next victim to fill it.......

lol...sounds like a patient from our ward. lol!

The staff at the NGH clock tower building complained so much about seeing ghosts in the basement, that a priest was called in to exorcise the place not too many years ago.

ooohhhh that wouldn't suprise me...hate going down there for the sewing room. Its horrible and dindgy.

Give us a story then?!

I can't say with any honesty that I have ever witnessed anything truely 'ghostly' first hand - seeing things out of the corner of my eye I have always put down to tiredness, taps turning themselves on I have blamed on dodgy plumbing and nurse call buzzers going off at the side of empty beds I have blamed on dodgy electrics.

I did, however, get asked one morning by several patients (who were not confused), who the elderly nurse wearing the long grey uniform and frilly hat was who tucked their sheets in during the night........... Since frilly hats have not been worn by nurses at the NGH for over 20 years - I can only assume that there was a 'visitation' on the ward that night.

I have been told that the vickers wards at ngh are haunted also the clock tower is haunted. At nights sometimes you can hear what sounds like children running around in the middle of the night

I believe that you may mean the relatively new Chesterman building at the NGH which was built on the site of one side of the old clocktower building. I believe this building was built about 12 years ago and there have been quite a few reports of childrens voices being heard on the wards during the night.